'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
HBO's The Last of Us series will include a "jaw drop" moment left out from the original game

"If you have played the game, our intention is that you will watch the show and say 'this has violated nothing of what I loved about the game, and what I witnessed in the game, but it has also brought me a whole lot more - things I did not know, really amazing things'."

Mazin is working with The Last of Us creator Neil Druckmann on the series' story, and recalled being particularly excited by one idea Druckmann mentioned had been left out of the original game.

"Jaw drop - that's going in," Mazin says of his reaction to hearing the detail. "For sure, we have to do that. You couldn't stop me doing that. You will have to shoot me [to stop me] from doing that. And there were a few things like that."

Mazin did not explain what this idea was - simply that it was an example of the "organic" way the TV adaptation's story will expand on the original games' stories without deviating from the characters fans have fallen in love with.