'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Chernobyl was GOAT tier.. and this game is gawd level so I'm in. HBO got another one @obarth
giphy.gif

One part of me is going.....:whoo:

and the other part of me is going.......:patrice:

I'm sure it'll be great initially, but when you have main lead characters in a survival genre or environment that you know aren't going to die their story can only go so far until people get bored

:ld:
The article calls this an adaptation of the game. The main conflict of the game's narrative is based on the possibility of a cure. The mere idea of a cure presents the idea of an ending. The Walking Dead's problem was that there was no ending in sight. If this is truly an adaptation of the game, then we already know the story and only have to wonder how many seasons they draw it out for.

The obvious rebuttal is that this is an adaptation of the property and we all know there's a sequel coming. From the article, yeah, I read it:unimpressed:,

The HBO series will cover the events of the original game, which was written by Druckmann, with the possibility of additional content based on the forthcoming game sequel, The Last of Us Part II, which is set to released May 29.

From what we know of The Last of Us 2, the story of The Last of Us continues for some time afterwards. That doesn't take away from the idea of an endgame. TLoU2 will be out before this show hits screens. Now let's say this second game leaves the door open for another sequel: is anyone here, that played the first one, concerned about the source material they'll give the show to work with?:comeon:I'm confident in saying The Last of Us had one of the best stories in video game history, and that Naughty Dog is nearly unfukkwittable in the storytelling department in general. I get the concerns about the genre, but I can't say I have the slightest concern about this adaptation, considering the network it's on, and the fact the geniuses behind the game will be heavily involved.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
They are gonna spend 90% of the 1st season being a prologue to the first level... Casual gonna be like :merchant: when the 20 years later title slides. Then, see 1 clicker, meet Elle for like 2 seconds. and get hit with see us next season like :why:
:dead:

That Joel backstory could be one full episode, if done well, to get us in our feels over the end of the episode. A whole season? Nah:camby:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Craig Mazin really finessed his way up from being involved in some absolutely godawful films to newly heralded tv-savior because of Chernobyl.

:mjlol: and :picard: @ calling the man who (co-)wrote for Scary Movie 3 and 4, The Hangover Pt 2 and 3 and the Snow White & The Huntman's sequel your favorite writer.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
:dead:

That Joel backstory could be one full episode, if done well, to get us in our feels over the end of the episode. A whole season? Nah:camby:
Walking Dead turned Hersch's farm for a whole 13 episode season. I'm setting the bar low.
Craig Mazin really finessed his way up from being involved in some absolutely godawful films to newly heralded tv-savior because of Chernobyl.

:mjlol: and :picard: @ calling the man who (co-)wrote for Scary Movie 3 and 4, The Hangover Pt 2 and 3 and the Snow White & The Huntman's sequel your favorite writer.

Especially, when the shyt writes itself.

It's wild when shyt writers get great source material to copypasta and they become gods.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

:dwillhuh: