'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
:what:

I swore in the game - Joel & Ellie pretty much had the same conversation as the show - are u sure about this

:yeshrug:
I just played through the game this past week. Joel definitely gives a long drawn out explanation about how the dam works and she calls him out as to having no idea what he's talking about and he could've just said he doesn't know.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

Doesnt really feel rushed to me. I think one thing they have established between the game and show is wounds matter, joel aint this invincible type dude, is old as hell and shows it. He aint having no long drawn out fight with one person, then gonna be able to handle the rest of the crew. It also couldnt be a lot of yelling and screaming because that guy's crew would come sooner.
I would've like to see a longer escape like in the game. Maybe not Ellie going full blown Rambo but at least have her shooting at one and then having her drag Joel to the horse as he can barely walk while she freaks out. I especially loved her line in the game where Joel says he can walk and she tells him to fukking walk then.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
I just played through the game this past week. Joel definitely gives a long drawn out explanation about how the dam works and she calls him out as to having no idea what he's talking about and he could've just said he doesn't know.

:yeshrug:

i must be buggin , (unless I’m thinking about another scene)
cause i swear I remember Joel saying he doesn’t know how it works.
Give me a few minutes and I’ll see if I can find a place through.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
The voice actor for the old dude with the wife in the cabin also voiced Rains Fall from Red Dead Redemption 2

Just like the actor that voiced Tommy in the game was Perry from last weeks episode.

Unmistakeable voices.

Not that I doubted them but HBO is def doing the game justice with this series.
I knew he sounded familiar :ohhh:

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC

Doesnt really feel rushed to me. I think one thing they have established between the game and show is wounds matter, joel aint this invincible type dude, is old as hell and shows it. He aint having no long drawn out fight with one person, then gonna be able to handle the rest of the crew. It also couldnt be a lot of yelling and screaming because that guy's crew would come sooner.
I didn't need long drawn out fight, but it wasn't even a struggle. Idk I'm just saying that's probably the biggest moment in the game. It just didn't hit like it should have for me.

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
Video games give the player a false sense of invincibility to where they are more reckless with their body, because they can just use a health kit and regenerate. I got shot 2 times point blank? Let me hide behind this desk, and use this health kit :manny:. Even death doesn't feel impactful, because you can just restart from your last checkpoint.

One big thing about the show compared to the game, is the characters feel more human. Joel is a haggard 50+ year old man, so of course he's not going to be murking countless infected and hunters by himself. Of course he's going to have to come to terms with his mortality, and of course he's going to be scared at the prospect of getting older and weaker in an increasingly violent world. It's a perfectly normal human reaction.

One thing I'm interested to see about for season 2 is

How Bella Ramsey handles the increased action roles for Part 2, because Ellie has a ton of action scenes. Also it's going to be a lot on the plate for who they get to play Abby as well.

Last edited:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Video games give the player a false sense of invincibility to where they are more reckless with their body, because they can just use a health kit and regenerate. I got shot 2 times point blank? Let me hide behind this desk, and use this health kit :manny:. Even death doesn't feel impactful, because you can just restart from your last checkpoint.

One big thing about the show compared to the game, is the characters feel more human. Joel is a haggard 50+ year old man, so of course he's not going to be murking countless infected and hunters by himself. Of course he's going to have to come to terms with his mortality, and of course he's going to be scared at the prospect of getting older and weaker in an increasingly violent world. It's perfectly normal human reaction.
Still, though….we didn’t really get much of Joel being a badass in this. Even a flashback or two would do it. I want to see him smashing up some dude with a brick too :myman:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
It's timestamped and maybe I was trippin.

:salute:

yeah , i just found it & posted it … I just noticed you did it before me
anyways, because some odd reason I remembered that particular scene because I didn’t understand why Joel would have to shut down both sides when he could’ve just dove into the water and found plank for Ellie to cross because she couldn’t swim