'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

shonuff

All Star
Daps
Joel is a savage so far the absolute peak of what you can be in the apocalypse even as a old broken down man that hasn't changed from the game at all. The game had to make Joel literally a walking action hero he had no moments to express emotions or problems like this episode touched on because the player/gameplay kept him stuck.

The difference between the Game and TV show placement of the joel elie scene is exactly why the show is superior to the game.
You can't just drop big emotional moments like that and then jump right into a gameplay shootout segment. The TV show set it right where the scene and drama could breathe more
one hundred percent this

in the game Joel is played by you - so of course he doesnt show or emote any of the very real life failings and hindrances that a real person would have after 20 years of living and emotionally brutalizing themselves and others. joel is cut off and a robot when this show starts.

Joel is now on the othr side of actually really seeing the shyt he used to do ( raiding and killing ) someone said he is jealous of tommy " for hiding out " when the reality is he sees tommy is way braver and more together than he ever could be - Joel has really been the one that has run away and hid from his trauma from people even his returning to tommy is more about him retreating and NOT following through and running away from Ellie ...he is having them nightmares because deep down he knows he plans to abandon her really to protect himself from feeling and caring about her...he knows he would have to really put in the work and he just wants to say its for her protection.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
The voice actor for the old dude with the wife in the cabin also voiced Rains Fall from Red Dead Redemption 2

Just like the actor that voiced Tommy in the game was Perry from last weeks episode.

Unmistakeable voices.

Not that I doubted them but HBO is def doing the game justice with this series.
Yeah, that's Graham Greene. Native/Indigenous Canadian actor.

He was also in the films Dances with Wolves (1990) and Die Hard with a Vengeance (1995)

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
My only real problem with this last one was

The “fight” Joel has with the guy at the University needed to be more. I feel like when it happens in the game it’s more of a moment. It’s a huge moment actually. I think they rushed it a little and you don’t quite get that same feeling of panic and fear. I just feel like emotionally they could’ve done more there.

Health&Wealth

Rookie
Daps

The “fight” Joel has with the guy at the University needed to be more. I feel like when it happens in the game it’s more of a moment. It’s a huge moment actually. I think they rushed it a little and you don’t quite get that same feeling of panic and fear. I just feel like emotionally they could’ve done more there.
If I remember correctly in the game ! It was more hectic in that hospital for sure .

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
I like how in the show joel flat out says he doesn’t know how the dam generates electricity and ellie says she would have believed him if he made it up, and in the game he pretend to know how it does it and she says you don’t really know do you

I like little nods to the source material like that, even if its not 1:1

:what:

I swore in the game - Joel & Ellie pretty much had the same conversation as the show - are u sure about this

:yeshrug:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
my favorite episode yet, brehs I need to know

is he really dead :mjcry:

• Dap
Reactions: 904

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

Doesnt really feel rushed to me. I think one thing they have established between the game and show is wounds matter, joel aint this invincible type dude, is old as hell and shows it. He aint having no long drawn out fight with one person, then gonna be able to handle the rest of the crew. It also couldnt be a lot of yelling and screaming because that guy's crew would come sooner.