'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
This show has got me thinking video game adaptions can work though
Arcane was really good too before this

Maybe its possible for HBO they could be the go to network for game adaptions
They could do a GTA show, A red dead redemption show,etc

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
One thing u can’t say about HBO they don’t look out for they people

Every new show has a alum from a classic HBO show
That’s also why I love HBO.

Produce grade A content and it’s very clear they take care of their people. They’re passionate about what they do and support their people. How can you not love that?

I always say I don’t care what I have going on, I will always pay for HBO. Lol

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
This show has got me thinking video game adaptions can work though
Arcane was really good too before this

Maybe its possible for HBO they could be the go to network for game adaptions
They could do a GTA show, A red dead redemption show,etc
Oh, HBO has more than proven themselves in this regard. They just opened the door for more adaptations LOL Neverending quality content.

This is why HBO is HBO 🤷🏾‍♀️

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'm not sure how I feel about them having Joel actually giving the explanation that he thinks he's going to get her killed. It adds more depth but makes him come off like less of an a$$hole. Unless I'm remembering wrong in the game he's basically like "I took her as far as I can and need you to take her the rest of the way". Made him seem much more heartless in the game where this one makes it seem like he was ditching her for her safety. I also preferred Ellie running off like she did in the game which to me gave Joel more of a chance to see how important he was to her and vice versa.

Also would've liked a more drawn out fight at the university and Ellie having to jump in and put in more work after Joel gets hurt.
I disagree with most of this
Most of the choices made are better suited for a TV setting and worked better than if it stayed the same as the game

Joel's vulnerability in the game are way more implied because it's easier for the player to imagine what he's been through as you've been playing as him for hours and done a whole bunch of shyt with Ellie. As a player you care for that relationship so it's easier to project that into Joel. In the game, I always read him ditching Ellie as not wanting to relive what he went through with Sarah. Bumping into Tommy gives him a perfect out to not be responsible about Ellie anymore and not open himself up to caring about her to the point of losing her being a devastating blow. But it was already too late for him, he just can't leave her alone.

On the TV show it works better if the viewer is shown these moments so it's easier to understand Joel, imo. Him being a straight up a$$hole in episode 6 wouldn't be credible after what we've seen from him and Ellie in the last two episodes. As viewers we already know he cares about her so we need to be shown why would he ever think about leaving her. Joel's "redemption" is much more explicit than in the game and I think that's a good call for a TV setting.

Ellie running away I agree it could've worked better, the show kinda rushes that one but I can tell it was because they had to cut some stuff so they could fit everything in 9 episodes (well, 10 as that was the original idea) and they 100% nailed the "I'm sure as hell ain't your dad" convo, which was the key to this whole thing and the thing they couldn't change/skip.

TV show Ellie is still learning to be a menace. shyt, we just saw her beginning to learn how to shoot a rifle this last episode. Her going full rambo at the University would've felt like too much. The show is clearly going away from both Joel and Ellie being Rambo and mass murdering people and that's another good call. That shyt works on a video game setting but not on prestige TV. I'm sure Ellie in season 2 or 3 is not gonna be as much of murdering machine as she was on Part 2. Sure, she's gonna be skilled and she's gonna kill a bunch of folks, but she ain't gonna be a ninja assassin either.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Joel is a savage so far the absolute peak of what you can be in the apocalypse even as a old broken down man that hasn't changed from the game at all. The game had to make Joel literally a walking action hero he had no moments to express emotions or problems like this episode touched on because the player/gameplay kept him stuck.

The difference between the Game and TV show placement of the joel elie scene is exactly why the show is superior to the game.
You can't just drop big emotional moments like that and then jump right into a gameplay shootout segment. The TV show set it right where the scene and drama could breathe more

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm not sure how I feel about them having Joel actually giving the explanation that he thinks he's going to get her killed. It adds more depth but makes him come off like less of an a$$hole. Unless I'm remembering wrong in the game he's basically like "I took her as far as I can and need you to take her the rest of the way". Made him seem much more heartless in the game where this one makes it seem like he was ditching her for her safety. I also preferred Ellie running off like she did in the game which to me gave Joel more of a chance to see how important he was to her and vice versa.

Also would've liked a more drawn out fight at the university and Ellie having to jump in and put in more work after Joel gets hurt.
It was always the und
According to the director, the girl Ellie snapped at may be/is Dina :ohhh:
FpYFpPCWIAEEWxn
yeah that was just elite breadcrumb layering they didn’t even have to do that lol just fire all around especially with what the next episode deals eith

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Question-

How has that couple survived living all alone in that cabin for all this time? If Joel and Ellie happened upon them, how is it no bad guys have found them?
You see that bow…also it’s like that in the game for some people they settle somewhere and manage to live without altercation or infected. Seems like they were off the grid before shyt went south and with how easily he hunts rabbits who knows how many deer rabbits and shyt he done caught with this bow.