'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Daps
Reppin
St louis
In the game it was clearly and perfectly conveyed that Joel is scared of his growing attachment to Ellie by that point and it’s why he wants to separate. They didn’t need to turn him into a sniveling, weak old man who freezes in action and has panic attacks over nothing. shyt cray. They also rushed this bond. Maybe if they didn’t spend an entire episode on 2 side characters being gay in wonderland when it added nothing in the story, it would be paced better.
q9dPJUR.gif

I think that it's dope that joel
has been fleshed out and not
made to be fukkin wolverine.
He's an old man that has loss
and took alot from people that
he knows didnt deserve it.
a man running out of time full of regret,
doubt and hope has been captured and
acted out perfectly.
Bella is a Gawd Tier thespian that
HBO should be kissing ass for the blessings
she has bestowed upon us.
Now enjoy and get you some shut the fukk up!
Fajzhs0.gif

UKVu0t8.gif

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
q9dPJUR.gif

I think that it's dope that joel
has been fleshed out and not
made to be fukkin wolverine.
He's an old man that has loss
and took alot from people that
he knows didnt deserve it.
a man running out of time full of regret,
doubt and hope has been captured and
acted out perfectly.
Bella is a Gawd Tier thespian that
HBO should be kissing ass for the blessings
she has bestowed upon us.
Now enjoy and get you some shut the fukk up!
Fajzhs0.gif

UKVu0t8.gif
Joel was all those things already without this show version of him. Bella is fine. She’s not shown us a Daniel Day Lewis level performance y’all are acting like she has. But she’s done fine. She’ll get her chance to really shine when Joel gets hurt. Then I’ll look for that performance from her. But I’m not talking about the actors, I’m talking about the writing.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
Joel was all those things already without this show version of him. Bella is fine. She’s not shown us a Daniel Day Lewis level performance y’all are acting like she has. But she’s done fine. She’ll get her chance to really shine when Joel gets hurt. Then I’ll look for that performance from her. But I’m not talking about the actors, I’m talking about the writing.
Crack a 2-liter mountain dew,
Jack off to white frozen french fry
colored cosplay bytches dressed
as sony's ellie williams and play the
fukkin game breh.
For men that have a close and personal relationship
with sweet yet pungent vagina in real life.
let us enjoy this gift!
sorry ellen page is trying to grow a dikk.
9loFoNw.gif

UKVu0t8.gif

Last edited:

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Considering the abysmal track record video game adaptions have and the hit or miss record book adaptations have, it sure as hell ain't "easy" to do what Mazin and Druckmann have pulled off with HBO.

The foundation of TLOU is rock solid, as the source material is amazing, but being able to nail almost everything they've done so far is pretty incredible.
Its really easy when you have competent people and money behind your adaptions

Video game movies and shows used to be hilariously low budget think back on everything since the 90s
Its comical how little money they spend on stuff compared to now

The last of us is showing how having a good showrunner can bring to fantasy material that is typically viewed as weak when compared to most fictional dramas
It is funny to me though because you can tell video game fans really do think of joel as the modern day gaming rambo since playing the game you have him kitted out and OP.
In the show they are actually showing you behind all of that badass posture is nothing but pain and fear. In the show Joel actually comes off like a human vs how the game had him.

Daps
Episode was alright. Never played the Left Behind DLC so next episode should be interesting

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
There was a breh here some weeks back that said video game nerds are becoming annoying fakkits like the “I read the books/source material” nerds - and man, that nikka was right :francis:
Video game nerds were always that. Always.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
The voice actor for the old dude with the wife in the cabin also voiced Rains Fall from Red Dead Redemption 2

Just like the actor that voiced Tommy in the game was Perry from last weeks episode.

Unmistakeable voices.

Not that I doubted them but HBO is def doing the game justice with this series.