'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is the actor that plays Henry British? He sounds like he has an accent. He played Kofi in ‘Your Honor’ also
Knew he looked familiar :ohhh:
Joel’s aim was kinda shyt if it was tommy :demonic:
Tommy was surgical with that bytch
My uncle brought up a good point
This show is full of all these women leaders and men just following their orders
In a fukked up and ravaged world

Going too much into unbelievable
Women leaders is what’s pushing the show into unbelievable territory?

How many women leaders have there been?

Marlene? Kathleen is in charge out of respect for her brother so was killed while in power.

Once they explained that her brother was the OG leader, that should've put the whole "Kathleen isn't a believable leader" stuff to bed.
It still won’t.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

ya I’ve watched that scene several times and between seeing henry put that gun to his head a split second before she does that little scream…that small part gets to me…lukewarm take but I wouldn’t be surprised if she wins an emmy for this…she’ll easily get nominated imo…as others have said she’s out-acted pedro pascal who is more “joel” than video game joel at this point…but bella ramsey has totally taken over as ellie

*edit*

…I wouldn’t be surprised if she wins an emmy for this…she’ll easily get nominated imo…

ya…I’m high as shyt…lemme walk this back a bit…it’d be cool if she gets an emmy nomination for her performance and I’ll leave it at lol

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s that lack of showing the kills

This is the only thing bugging me, it cuts away every time Joel kills a human

When they said they were toning down the violence from the game to the show, I just assumed they meant they wouldn’t obviously have Joel killing 20 people in any conflict like you obviously do in a video game, but I don’t know why they’re not showing the headshot/stab when he does kill the 3 or 4 people we’ve seen him kill

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

When they said they were toning down the violence from the game to the show, I just assumed they meant they wouldn’t obviously have Joel killing 20 people in any conflict like you obviously do in a video game, but I don’t know why they’re not showing the headshot/stab when he does kill the 3 or 4 people we’ve seen him kill
They seem to be deliberately focusing on Ellie’s reaction to violence. The guard in episode 1, the kid in 4, old man in 5.

But they purposefully showed Ellie stabbing the trapped infected and the one attacking Sam and shooting the kid in the back.

I don’t know the game but they might be purposefully building up to Ellie reaction to being like Joel.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They shouldve at least stuck to the Season 1 tone and it wouldve been up there as one of the goat series.

The Waking Dead’s Biggest problem was that they insisted on having 16 episodes every season, which is why there are so many boring ass episodes of people doing nothing, bottle episodes focused on characters nobody cared about, and characters constantly doing dumb shyt that makes no sense to get them into trouble to pad out run times/episodes

I have always said that TWD would easily be one of the Goats if every season had the same general plot but was 10 episodes long, just trim away all that pointless fat and leave no room for shytty writing and boring characters, Season 1 was 6 episodes and that shyt was damn near perfect

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
instyle-melanie-lynskey-03-2000-54ccfd60259b49e092716b8d3ca69d5c.jpg

disgust-clint-eastwood.gif

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps

It's annoying. That violence is an integral part of Joel's gameplay. It makes the connection with Ellie that much stronger because we experience the depths he will go through to endure and ensure her survival. What's happening here is like Disney saying that Cal Kestis can't maim or dismember human enemies in the Jedi games. Even tho the mothafukka has a lightsaber and he cuts animal enemies in half all the time. :gucci:

They've softened his character and made it so he's the one in shock of the violence around him instead of Ellie. It's like he's afraid to tap into that guy he once was, like he's on the retired John Wick Robert McCall tip. Marlene told us that she knows what he's capable of... For better or worse. He tells us how he's been on both sides of the ambush. But when it's time for the action, he's out there reluctantly clapping. He doesn't feel like the stone cold, ruthless killer we're told he is.

From him struggling to put the clickers down in episode 2 with the spray and pray just throwing bullets away, despite knowing their weaknesses, to almost letting that old sniper live, to looking like old Tom Brady with the sniper, throwing bullets at his receivers' feet. :scust:

Having him be the one to be shocked and utter "oh my god" when Henry kills himself instead of it being Ellie. Having him linger at Henry and Sam's grave, while Ellie is like "which way is Wyoming? Let's fukking go." We've already seen how maniacal she is with that Michael Myers, empty, vacant, stare. She's got the devil's eyes.

But he does magically turn into old Tom Brady, hitting 14/15 with 2 TD when the infected and battering ram truck were bearing down on Ellie.

office-michael.gif

In the game, he's old-ish but he's still got gas left in the tank. He's very competent and his punches, brick throws and pipe smashes :dame: all had force, power and zip. He was like 2020 43 year old Tom Brady: old but still great on the way to winning the Super Bowl. Show Joel is 45 year old 2022 Tom Brady, just above league average. :francis: But even this year, Tom had some improbable, unbelievable comebacks. I need to see that from Joel.

Last edited: