'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
In the post-episode vignette Mazin said he decided to make Sam deaf as a way to make him especially reliant to Henry for survival. Sam/Henry are sort of a parallel father/child relationship to Joel/Ellie.

Mazin, you made Sam "especially reliant" on Henry by aging him down from 13 to 8. Now he's a lil kid who's basically wholly dependant on his big brother, unlike the dynamic in the Joel and Ellie parallel.

However, If you peep some of the shots in the tunnels, you'll notice that Henry has Sam walking behind him most of the time, damn near ignored. That's a no-no. I know you need Joel and Ellie's help but there's no way you letting your deaf lil bro outta ur sight like that. He shoulda been walking right next to Henry or right in front of him if he's gonna be "especially reliant" on him. I was watching those scenes like :mjtf:

Making him deaf is a way to ratchet up the tension and accomplish what Mazin claimed. It also allows you to be more inclusive, which the games are renowned for. Typically, we get the black character also being a pole smoker. Mazin chose to make the black character a deaf boy. But in this instance, I'm not mad at it cuz it was more emotional and lil Kevionn killed it.

Kevionn was outstanding. Nico Parker was outstanding in episode 1. They were the best acted children characters in their respective episodes. It's a goddamn shame they both had to die. :mjpls:

God damn you, Ellie, for not staying awake with Sam like you said you would and making Henry have to put his own brother down. That's why you "sorry." :ufdup:

Last edited:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I’m all in on this girl being Ellie. She’s low key killing this shyt even more than Pedro

Yeah, i just said this, people owe her an apology
I mean.......they werent against bella because of her acting. Most were upset she didnt look like Ellie........
chrishansen.jpg

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ngl this shyt is kinda Lifetime Last of Us

I mean.......they werent against bella because of her acting. Most were upset she didnt look like Ellie........
chrishansen.jpg

Naw after the first real trailer aired i heard a lot of people saying she wasn’t selling it for them, acting wise. There wa a lot of the above before the show came out but i also assume people were conflating the two

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
My heart is still racing brehs :damn:

When that Super Clicker or whatever the fukk that was looking like Thing from Fantastic Four :banderas:

All them Infected popping out from the sinkhole. shyt was incredible end to end. The ending though. They know how to pull at them heart strings :mjcry:

Last edited:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Naw after the first real trailer aired i heard a lot of people saying she wasn’t selling it for them, acting wise. There wa a lot of the above before the show came out but i also assume people were conflating the two
Im talking more of me skimming this thread :manny: :francis: :lolbron: