The Hunter Biden Federal Trial fukkery Thread

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Ridiculous we don't have a proper thread on this. I will do my best to post valid, non-MAGA sources.

Day 5 concluded today

Jurors in the federal gun trial of Hunter Biden were dismissed Friday afternoon, after prosecutors rested their case and lawyers for the son of President Joe Biden began laying out their defense.

Hunter Biden’s attorneys called three witnesses to the stand, including his eldest daughter Naomi Biden, who testified that she visited her father while he was in rehab in Los Angeles in the summer of 2018.

Naomi Biden said that he seemed “hopeful” in October 2018, the month when prosecutors say he lied about his crack cocaine addiction to purchase a revolver, NBC News reported.

On cross-examination, Naomi Biden told prosecutor Leo Wise that she did not see any drug paraphernalia in her father’s truck when she borrowed it in October 2018.

As Naomi Biden testified, her father wiped tears from his eyes.

The 54-year-old Hunter Biden, the president’s sole surviving son, is charged with three counts related to his purchase and possession of a Colt Cobra revolver while using illicit drugs.

Prosecutors said the evidence is “overwhelming” that Hunter Biden was addicted to crack at the time he bought the gun, and that he lied about it on a form used to conduct a federal background check related to the purchase. Defense attorneys have sought to raise doubts about whether Hunter Biden was on drugs at that time.

The trial in U.S. District Court in Delaware is expected to wrap up next week. It is unclear if Hunter Biden’s team plans to call their client to testify in his own defense. One of his lawyers said they would make a decision over the weekend on their “last witness.”

the elastic

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal

If Hunter Biden's defense team thought that putting his daughter Naomi on the stand would make him a more sympathetic figure in his trial on felony gun charges, they miscalculated.
Why it matters: Hunter's oldest daughter, 30, clearly wanted to help her father convince jurors that he wasn't taking drugs when he bought a gun in 2018 and signed a federal form swearing he wasn't a drug user.

• But probing questions and old text messages presented by the prosecution Friday made the president's son look more like an erratic dad than a good father who was getting sober in the week after he bought the gun.
  • Hunter's team scrambled in the aftermath of Naomi's testimony and unexpectedly withdrew a witness — likely the president's brother Jimmy, who was at the courthouse and was on the defense's list of possible witnesses.
Driving the news: Naomi testified that when she visited Hunter while he'd been going to a California rehab center in August 2018, he appeared the "clearest" he had been since his brother, Beau, had died of brain cancer in 2015.

• She recounted telling her father that she was "proud" of him and that when she saw him again in mid-October, he seemed "great" and "hopeful."
But text messages introduced by prosecutors contradicted her description of seeing him at that time, just days after forms show he had bought a gun in Delaware and claimed he wasn't using drugs.

• Hunter's defense team has acknowledged that he was an addict but has tried to prove he had a period of sobriety from crack cocaine — not alcohol — around the time he bought the gun on Oct. 12, 2018.
Zoom in: Prosecutors revealed texts between Hunter and Naomi from when he was in New York City that week. Naomi was attending law school there.

• Hunter texted his daughter to swap Joe Biden's black Cadillac for Hunter's Ford Raptor truck that Naomi had borrowed one evening. But Hunter was unresponsive to texts from his daughter until midnight and 2 a.m., the texts showed.
After a few days of back-and-forth, they switched vehicles but then Naomi asked if she was going to be able to see her father soon:

• "So no c u!?," she texted, adding a sad emoji.
  • According to the text read aloud in court, she added: "I can't take this...I just miss you so much. I just want to hang out with you."
  • Hunter replied: "I am sorry I've been so unreachable. It is not fair to you."
  • Naomi, who admitted to being "nervous" and had a bottle of water brought to her after coughing, said she didn't recall certain texts but acknowledged that her meetings with Hunter then were often brief.
Between the lines: Hunter's lawyers, led by Abbe Lowell, appeared surprised by the text messages even though they were from within days of when Hunter allegedly bought the gun.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
All this shyt is a waste of resources

His dad is President

Let him move to Ukraine and smoke crack if he wants he’s not hurting anyone but himself and possibly a sex worker but that comes with the territory

the elastic

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
All this shyt is a waste of resources

His dad is President

Let him move to Ukraine and smoke crack if he wants he’s not hurting anyone but himself and possibly a sex worker but that comes with the territory
This is the wack ass GOP's desperate attempt to do anything to hurt Byron and the DNC

They don't have much else

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Black people give zero fukks about Hunter Biden. Take this bullshyt to the Fox News forums cac
Of course we don't considering that he's more privileged and we wouldn't be afforded the same opportunities and the sympathy that he's gotten if we were in the same situation.

He can go to jail for all I care.