The HomePod looks dope af from this review

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
We’re just inviting surveillance into our houses with stuff like this. shyt, we pay for the privilege. I don’t like this trend :francis:

If I look past that though, it’s kinda cool, I guess.
yeah...i got the Google Home mini and it really serves no purpose for me other than play nature noises when i go to bed. I think i'ma get rid of it

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
yeah...i got the Google Home mini and it really serves no purpose for me other than play nature noises when i go to bed. I think i'ma get rid of it
Do you have it hooked up to any lights in your house? I picked up a mini by itself and I’ve used it twice to tell me the wheather and maybe threee times to google something. I’ll eventually get the lights though and see if I get more use out of it

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset

I use my Google home throughout the day
Setting alarms
Turning lights on
Turning the TV on and playing stuff on netflix (hit and miss)
Playing music plsylists

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
these home pods and what not serve no real purpose unless you got some lights or other smart home stuff (IMO).

I got some phillip hues for xmas and that shyt is legit dope. Being able to turn on/off your lights away from home or dim them to your settings, custom lighting profiles, using siri to control lights, etc.

Only thing i cant get to work is for them to turn on automatically when i pull up using gps.

Could only imagine if i owned a home and had every thing connected to a smart bridge.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
these home pods and what not serve no real purpose unless you got some lights or other smart home stuff (IMO).

I got some phillip hues for xmas and that shyt is legit dope. Being able to turn on/off your lights away from home or dim them to your settings, custom lighting profiles, using siri to control lights, etc.

Only thing i cant get to work is for them to turn on automatically when i pull up using gps.

Could only imagine if i owned a home and had every thing connected to a smart bridge.
Ask @winb83 he has everything on and popping .

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps

The real purpose of a Google Home is to connect your other smart home products(and your chromecast) in one hub as well as Google Assistant.

You bought it for the wrong reasons it seems.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

:whoo: I have 3 echos, might have to cop one of these if it goes on sale in the near future

we have 4 echo's and the alexa with the video screen as well. I NEVER use them. I don't think I'm buying another bluetooth speaker even tho we didn't pay for any of those alexa's.

I anticipate that this thing will sync as easy as airpods which would be dope as fukk tho.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Do you have it hooked up to any lights in your house? I picked up a mini by itself and I’ve used it twice to tell me the wheather and maybe threee times to google something. I’ll eventually get the lights though and see if I get more use out of it
It’s so much customization possible that I barely feel like fukking with it. I have two home minis that we mostly use to control Chromecast

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
we have 4 echo's and the alexa with the video screen as well. I NEVER use them. I don't think I'm buying another bluetooth speaker even tho we didn't pay for any of those alexa's.

I anticipate that this thing will sync as easy as airpods which would be dope as fukk tho.
I use my Echos every day. I use it for my Nest to set temps, my August smart lock to lock the door, my Hue lights to turn on and off the lights, my Harmony Hub to turn on and off the TV. I use it to set alarms to get up and to tell me the time.

The usefulness of an Echo depends on how much smart home stuff you have.