The game is rigged. 100k is still not enough, and that is crazy.

BillCosbyAteMyHomework

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Orange and Blue
On another note I don’t understand how folks with big salaries don’t save their money. In my situation it would be super easy to.
I feel you on this, but when you make more, you spend more. I’ve fell victim to this, and smartened up when we were looking to upgrade our house. We decided against it because we have plenty of space, it mostly meets all of our wants, so why throw away all of that extra money. I feel like such an adult after making that choice :russ:

Now we can save more for retirement and in general.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I would take that money and invest it In a different country where the dollar is strong.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
100K A YEAR IS AMAZING FOR MOST. AS LONG AS YOU DON'T LIVE IN NEW YORK OR CALI.

Depending where you live in Cali and NY with the fact that you’ll have faster access to a six figure salary.

plenty of people in these locations who live ordinary lives who save lots of money with six figures.

An average 1 bedroom goes $1700 in my area. You don’t even need six figures to afford that.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Maybe I read OP's post different than everyone else. I see it as him coming to the realization that most of the people in this country are barely treading water. And I imagine it's even worst with the current situation. OP I'm with you. I consider myself very blessed to not only have a job but one that pays me well. I pray every day that things get better for those who are not as fortunate.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
I feel you on this, but when you make more, you spend more. I’ve fell victim to this, and smartened up when we were looking to upgrade our house. We decided against it because we have plenty of space, it mostly meets all of our wants, so why throw away all of that extra money. I feel like such an adult after making that choice :russ:

A big problem in America

SuavePrince

All Star
Daps
It's easy to spend when you have more. If you go from making 40K to 120K, you can go out to eat more often, you can spend a little bit more on that vacation, you can spend more on your vice of choice(smoke/drink/gambling).

Things can get out of hand quickly. Living like you make 40K when you make six figs... that's the discipline.
Very true, I have had to learn financial discipline and even more so that I am married

SuavePrince

All Star
Daps

lol that my friend is called wisdom :wow:

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
I think your expectations are wrong. You can buy a house and a car cash making that kind of money but you want a better house and a better car than your cash will allow you. That's why people get loans, etc. Buy they $10k car. And depending on where you live you can probably find an area not too far from where you're from and but a shytty crib for $50k and slowly fix it up.

But let's be real, most people don't want that. It's easier, and more financially viable to get a low interest loan to buy that house and that car. Hell, for a brand new car, most companies are offering 0% APR, that's essentially same as cash without lowering your standing capital.

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
I promise you this is not a brag thread but one to open the eyes of people pining for that six figure salary. It truly is not much at all to break 100K. I make well over 100K and it still takes me an incredible long time to amass any type of formidable capital, other than financing it. Which just should not be the case. If the crucial things in life, for example, a house (or any property, condo, etc.) and a car, require the vast majority of people to have the money loaned to them, something is very much wrong. I couldn't imagine doing it on half my salary let alone my current one.

I have it in a spreadsheet and track everything in and out. On a base level, after all expenses I am able to save $2000 a month. That's with maxing out my 401K. I also put $500 a month into the stock market. $2000 a month is $24000 a year. The average cost of a house last year was 280k. The average cost of a car is $40k. Sure you can buy the car used but who is going to buy the new car so that it becomes "used?" You're or someone else is forced to take a loan from a bank that you'll be paying on for YEARS and be plagued by interest.

Mind you, only 10% or so of people make 100K or more in the US. What is everyone else doing? How is everyone else surviving? It just doesn't make sense. I am blessed to be in the position I am so I am able to save what I am able but what about 90% of the rest of society? So maybe someone who is smarter than me can explain to me how this all works. As of 2019 the US median income is fukking 32K. :mindblown:

How did you grow up, what did your parents make?