The game is rigged. 100k is still not enough, and that is crazy.

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Get a wife that makes a 100K....now you're saving 4K a month.

The lose 300k when she divorce rapes you and takes half his shyt 20 years down the line

Get a 2nd wife (unofficially) that's 6K saved a month.....:shaq:

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
If you can max out your 401k, save 24k a year and invest 500 a month you don’t have a budget
:heh:
Nah you fasho gotta budget otherwise you're just wasting money somewhere and not letting it work for you. Like breh is saving 24k a year which is cool and all but if he's not saving for a down payment and already has 3-6 months income saved up he could be taking advantage of market returns or other investments.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Tell people you're not 6F6C yet, brehs. Announce to the world, you think with noodle. Ramen, brehs. Let the Coli know that your idea of eating well is to feed everyone else, brehs.

:wow:

I'm not sure what this post means but if you're implying that I'm broke, well breh that's just adorable. :russ:

Ask around about me if you want. :sas1:
Don't if you don't. :sas2:

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
OP..

When people talk about someone making 100K per year, they are only focusing on the gross, not the net. There is a difference between what you make and what you take home.

Some of us live in a high cost of living state where the state taxes are high along with property tax. Some have one or more mortgages, contribute towards their 401K, IRA, SS, SDI, not to mention have to pay for uncontrollable expenses like utilities, food, insurance, etc. Then factor in car notes and other miscellaneous expenses. I didn't mention those who have to pay both federal and state taxes that come out of their paychecks before the person gets paid.

It is expensive to live a modest/decent lifestyle. For those who can afford it, they are indeed blessed.

It's cool to make 6 figures and it also makes life a lil easier, but it is also no joke. Creep up in pay and find yourself in a higher tax bracket.

Everything costs! There is no such thing as a free ride. If you put in the work in order to sustain the type of lifestyle you sought, then kudos to ya! You deserve all the fruits of your labor!

Last edited:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Nah you fasho gotta budget otherwise you're just wasting money somewhere and not letting it work for you. Like breh is saving 24k a year which is cool and all but if he's not saving for a down payment and already has 3-6 months income saved up he could be taking advantage of market returns or other investments.
I agree but my point is people have to budget for necessities. He is budgeting to put as much aside for his future as possible which is as much as some people make in a year. Financially he’s in a great place

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
On another note I don’t understand how folks with big salaries don’t save their money. In my situation it would be super easy to.

It's easy to spend when you have more. If you go from making 40K to 120K, you can go out to eat more often, you can spend a little bit more on that vacation, you can spend more on your vice of choice(smoke/drink/gambling).

Things can get out of hand quickly. Living like you make 40K when you make six figs... that's the discipline.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Lol these humble brag threads with fake concern “how are you surviving on less than 100k” like every cities cost of living is the same..

and then crying about saving 24k a year is how I know you trying to troll and flex I feel you though the internet is the best place for a confidence boost :yeshrug:

It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen

Not to mention those "high prices" are only in the immediate city proper. The metro area and outskirts of a city are like 50% cheaper, but no one wants to live there

Added to the fact that there's only maybe 10 cities that are considered high price areas. Alot of cities you can feel rich with 70k a year