The game is rigged. 100k is still not enough, and that is crazy.

The Realist Perspective

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I put the capital together to start a business, buy 2 cars and a 3 bedroom 2 story house paid in full and I've never made more than 80k in a year

Some of y'all are just horrible at life

Career lifetime waterboys.

Everything u work for is to enrich the real ballplayers, even your kids will grow up to serve theirs

I've broken down how to do it in my time here, it starts with paying your cars off and utilizing public transportation/bicycling so those older cars stay running with light maintenance. No car notes after 35 at the latest. Ride a bike to work and live close to where u work. Outperform and outwork everyone at the job so you can command top pay. Work 2 jobs when droughts hit and work is slow. I need that money every week

But that's not "swag" so I hope everyone enjoys being 40+ in a studio apartment with Jose and his people bumping carnival music in the parking lot

How old are you now?
When did you buy your house?
Where did you buy your house?
For how much did you buy your house?

All of these are very important questions.

Ryze

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Exactly.

My wife and I recently started making six figures. Before that we were in the 80s. We live in the Atlanta metro area. We could choose to live in midtown and spend half of our money on rent, instead we found jobs that allow us to work from home and we live in the suburbs so our money goes further. For the almost the same cost of a midtown condo, we are in a new 4000 sqft house. We also drive one car since we work from home (we intentionally found jobs that are WFH). We cook most of our meals. We have a designated amount of spending money that is really more than enough and we still save for retirement, our kids school and travel.

We pick and choose where we spend big, and it’s generally for travel and house related stuff, not luxury cars or luxury housing or luxury clothing accessories. Only rich people can do it all (spend recklessly and still save enough to be able to retire at a reasonable age). Being middle class isn’t supposed to give you that ability. People should shoot for living modestly but comfortably. Luxury items shouldn’t be even be on most people’s radar.
Sounds great. Good luck selling this lifestyle to a woman who grew up on social media and reality tv though

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wtf::wtf::wtf:

Something has got to give?

SN: I really wanted an investment property a few yrs ago but was playing around. Like, this is insane.

People are still buying homes, tho, but it’s way harder for the average person nowadays.
I don’t take homeownership for granted at all.
The only people I know still buying have lots of equity they can use for a new property. Others are pooling resources to and buying properties together.(Mostly foreigners).

Everyone else that's buying is really house poor. And one economic shock (job loss)from ending up on the street. Mainly due to having one sole source of income.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
people have to be selective about the cost living in their market.
Pay isn't increasing at the same speed as inflation.
for the most part you can find similar salaries in every state for similar jobs.
So best option is to earn 6 figures while living in an affordable location.