The game is rigged. 100k is still not enough, and that is crazy.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's why the minimalism movement has been gaining popularity.

I was making nothing last year and now I'm getting close to 100k and I'm trying to stop myself from splurging:francis: I need to keep this minimalism shyt up
Minimalism is gaining popularity because people are learning that consumption of consumer goods doesn't make you happy and financial freedom leads to more happiness than consumption. Lifestyle inflation leads to dissatisfaction in life. As people make more they spend more so they need to make more to spend more. People reach equilibrium in life. They adjust and grow accustom to what they have. Once what they have is normalized to them it loses it's impact.

You take a person at $50K and they get by. They drive a car that pay can get them and live in a place that pay can get them and get used to it. You give them $100K pay and they'll increase their living and adjust to that lifestyle and after a while that same person that was making $50K and adjusted to that has adjusted to making $100K and that's their new normal.

For most people it doesn't matter how much they make. 70% of lottery winners who get large windfalls go bankrupt within a few years.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...ational Endowment,bankrupt within a few years.

Once a person figures out financial freedom is the path to happiness and not consumer goods only then can they map out a path to it.

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Another thing (for you slow nikkas)
My younger cousin grosses 450k. Isnt as happy as some folk I know making 70k.
My younger sibling makes 180k. Uncles multimillionaires. One of my nikkas grosses around 5 to 600k.

So EVEN IF YOU DO pass the poor American mark (over 400k)....

If you're still the same retarded nikka (which is sounds like most of you are) you still wont have great quality of life. I was doing w 120k in my mid 20s what folk making 900 k were doing
My god your cousin making 450k a Year still not happy.

Imyremeshaw

كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh I make 85k and I feel rich..

This!! I make around the same($82k) but I live in bum fukk Indiana,

I understand were the OP is coming from, making upper class income ain't all is cracked up to be, I don't give a fukk if the median income is $32k.....

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Without any military allowances, OP literally SAVES more in a year than I earn in that same time...AFTER taxes.

I definitely see what you mean, but you could probably save more per year than "just" $24,000...and it wouldn't even put a dent in your lifestyle.

At the same time though, it seems like you're more annoyed that you can't outright purchase everything that you'd like on a whim than about how much you make (or how few, in your eyes.) You need to put yourself in other people's shoes. You could pay off a 40k luxury car (assuming that, that's the OTD price) in 20 months...

Hell, you can afford the 10% down payment on a 280k house in 14 months with just straight cash. Meanwhile, the average American would need a loan from a bank...or spend decades stashing money in their piggy bank to be able to do the same thing that you can "casually" do in a minuscule amount of time in comparison.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
That's not how this works.

The high paying jobs attract the qualified people which in turn increases the cost of living in the area. Now you end up with 2-3-4k/Mo. in rent/mortgage because you need somewhat of a reasonable commute. I think everyone knows they can own a mini mansion with enough land to where you need a rifle with a scope to spot the opps in a number of fly over states, but where are those 6 figure jobs? Unless you plan on flying to work every day or you work in tech with a company cool enough to let you live anywhere in the country, 90% of high income employees have to live near their jobs, which are high COL areas.

Remote work will save the American economy and society. This pandemic is making bosses act all stupid with workers working in their homes and all.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
This is the thing a lot of people don't realize when you make more money. The cost for instance to live alone versus having roommates is one of the first one that eats into the money. Those restaurants that before was too expensive now you can fit in on occasion. The funniest part about it is that the people who say shyt like "if I made what you made I'd have all kinds of savings" are the same ones who already spend recklessly and blow their money. But somehow when that salary increases they think they'll somehow become smarter and more disciplined with money lol.

It has taken me a long time to get smarter financially and start saving more and investing part of it. My hardest thing was having two kids and paying for things that would come up with them or spoiling them in ways. Like OP said $100K isn't rich by any means event though people try to paint it like it is. That money can get spent easily if you're not paying attention. That's enough to lead a comfortable life but not rich by any means even if you're disciplined as hell.
Off the rip I throw 50% of my check in to my investment account. The rest of the money is for bills and me to enjoy.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dead: @ the idea of someone whose saving habits will put them at multi-millionaire status within
15 years saying "I don't make enough". :laff:

Breh, I'm a ways under what you make, I put away over $1500 a month, most of my needs are met
and with my own projections within a decade and some change I'll be at $800,000 or higher.
If I'm doing that on WAY less, you're good man :pachaha: BEYOND good I'd say.

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
You save/invest 30k a year, you’re not surviving you’re thriving.

This is a weird thread

giphy.gif

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
More evidence of how slow in the head the average American is. :mindblown:The OP trying to say that six figures isn't rich by any stretch because you still can't outright buy a car or a house with a basic six figure salary and still have to borrow money to buy the basics. :rudy:People talk like six figures is Jeff Bezos money. :skip:And chances are, if you make six figures, you carry quite a bit of student loan debt as well. But six figures ain't nothing special. You can easily make six figures as a run of the mill coffee stained blazer balding damn used car salesman or a UPS package delivery driver after three years on the job with no damn education... :umad:You just will have no life working 60-70+ hours sun up to sun down usually six days a week. The game is rigged. Financial freedom is hard to come by.

Hyperinflation is coming because of all the "free" money the government has been giving everyone this last year. But they want to crash the financial system so they can institute a digital currency based on social credit and a new world order serfdom. All the truly wealthy like Bill Gates are buying up all the land right now almost as if they know cash will be worthless pretty soon. :ohhh:
Yeah I mean what good is making 100k+ if you don’t get to enjoy that shyt.

50k at your own pace >>>>>100k working your ass off 10-18 hours a day, for someone else.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
This!! I make around the same($82k) but I live in bum fukk Indiana,

I understand were the OP is coming from, making upper class income ain't all is cracked up to be, I don't give a fukk if the median income is $32k.....

I live in Indiana as well. Northwest Indiana. In places like this and similar, I don't see the room to complain. At this wage, you aren't balling out of control but your expenses should be more than manageable. Enough to wear if you wanted to bounce for a weekend, spend a grand or something on a weekend getaway, come back in time for work on Monday and not dent your pockets too much. If you have a vice or hobby, you should be able to partake in spades WHILE still saving money. Some things will have to be modest like you aren't driving Bentley cars and shyt but I'm having a hard time squaring the premise of the thread in my head. Sure, new york, los angeles, Chicago. I'll give it too you even though it's still better than most but still. I know that amount is enough to get the job done in 99% of America though.