The game is rigged. 100k is still not enough, and that is crazy.

Ducktales

Get Money
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I was gonna diss the fukk outta you op. Especially as a family man with children making six figures. If you have a fam it’s definitely not what it’s advertised to be. I don’t know about your family life whether you have a family or not so it’s a general statement when I say I feel no sense of sympathy for a single for person making 6 figures at all. It’s ridiculous to not be stacked up if you are single with 6 figures unless you live up north or on the west coast like Cali. But I think you really are making a statement on capitalism. You bragging a little, but I think that’s the point you trying to make despite the delivery. Our parents were able to purchase homes and get good jobs with high school degrees. Now it’s like you ain’t shyt to jobs unless you got a masters. And you still can’t buy a home unless you want to go into deep debt. American capitalism is a mf

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m not sure if this is a humble brag thread or not but I’ll assume you’re coming from a genuine place.

You are in a truly blessed position. The fact that you’re putting $500 a month in stocks (assuming it’s good ones) your money is working for you. Not to mention you’ve saved 24,000 a year. Now if you live in say the south you’re living like a king. 100k doesn’t mean you’ll be able to buy everything cash like rappers/athletes but compared to 90% of regular people you are doing amazing.

Again, assuming you are not humble bragging it does say a lot about the state of America when 100k doesn’t feel amazing, cause 90% of people will never see that
I'm in new Orleans and 100k, you are legit EATING down here .

Daps
Earning 100k is really subjective and depends on perspective, (which also factors in location, debt, investing skill level, and other personal factors/variables). For some people they have a harsh reckoning with reality that all the time/energy that they’ve invested in reaching this “milestone number” of 100k will not solve all their problems, give them endless happiness, or eliminate the nagging ongoing feeling of being in the rat race.

The other mindset that could develop from reaching 100k - is the excitement of knowing you can invest even more and get more aggressive to give yourself and family a better chance to experience more aspects of life , create generational wealth, retire earlier, and/or get out the rat race grind sooner by achieving financial independence .

Lastly and if nothing else - It should certainly open up an individual’s perspective to realizing how tough it is for the average citizen living on or near minimum wage. This in turn should hopefully create some more empathy for others and more appreciation for your income if you are above what most are making

Last edited:

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Making over $100K a year I could save and invest $4K a month easy. Here $100K a month is about $6K after taxes a month.

Your expenses are too high.
That's not how this works.

The high paying jobs attract the qualified people which in turn increases the cost of living in the area. Now you end up with 2-3-4k/Mo. in rent/mortgage because you need somewhat of a reasonable commute. I think everyone knows they can own a mini mansion with enough land to where you need a rifle with a scope to spot the opps in a number of fly over states, but where are those 6 figure jobs? Unless you plan on flying to work every day or you work in tech with a company cool enough to let you live anywhere in the country, 90% of high income employees have to live near their jobs, which are high COL areas.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
I promise you this is not a brag thread but one to open the eyes of people pining for that six figure salary. It truly is not much at all to break 100K. I make well over 100K and it still takes me an incredible long time to amass any type of formidable capital, other than financing it. Which just should not be the case. If the crucial things in life, for example, a house (or any property, condo, etc.) and a car, require the vast majority of people to have the money loaned to them, something is very much wrong. I couldn't imagine doing it on my salary let alone half.

I have it in a spreadsheet and track everything in and out. On a base level, after all expenses I am able to save $2000 a month. That's with maxing out my 401K. I also put $500 a month into the stock market. $2000 a month is $24000 a year. The average cost of a house last year was 280k. The average cost of a car is $40k. Sure you can buy the car used but who is going to buy the new car so that it becomes "used?" You're or someone else is forced to take a loan from a bank that you'll be paying on for YEARS and be plagued by interest.

Mind you, only 10% or so of people make 100K or more in the US. What is everyone else doing? How is everyone else surviving? It just doesn't make sense. I am blessed to be in the position I am so I am able to save what I am able but what about 90% of the rest of society? So maybe someone who is smarter than me can explain to me how this all works. As of 2019 the US median income is fukking 32K. :mindblown:

I am #STEMGang, #CertGang, #CryptoGang, #CopyrightGang, I don't have these problems...

wastedmermaid

Superstar
Daps
Poor op

200.gif

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That's not how this works.

The high paying jobs attract the qualified people which in turn increases the cost of living in the area. Now you end up with 2-3-4k/Mo. in rent/mortgage because you need somewhat of a reasonable commute. I think everyone knows they can own a mini mansion with enough land to where you need a rifle with a scope to spot the opps in a number of fly over states, but where are those 6 figure jobs? Unless you plan on flying to work every day or you work in tech with a company cool enough to let you live anywhere in the country, 90% of high income employees have to live near their jobs, which are high COL areas.
No that is how this is. It doesn't matter what you make you need to live well under your means. If that means you have to house hack and have roommates you rent rooms out to or the basement then so be it. If that means you have to drive a less expensive car and practice frugality then it is what it is. If you can't make an income appropriate to the area you live in then you move.

There are plenty of ways to get your cost of living down. It's about living the appropriate lifestyle given the income you make.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
More evidence of how slow in the head the average American is. :mindblown:The OP trying to say that six figures isn't rich by any stretch because you still can't outright buy a car or a house with a basic six figure salary and still have to borrow money to buy the basics. :rudy:People talk like six figures is Jeff Bezos money. :skip:And chances are, if you make six figures, you carry quite a bit of student loan debt as well. But six figures ain't nothing special. You can easily make six figures as a run of the mill coffee stained blazer balding damn used car salesman or a UPS package delivery driver after three years on the job with no damn education... :umad:You just will have no life working 60-70+ hours sun up to sun down usually six days a week. The game is rigged. Financial freedom is hard to come by.

Hyperinflation is coming because of all the "free" money the government has been giving everyone this last year. But they want to crash the financial system so they can institute a digital currency based on social credit and a new world order serfdom. All the truly wealthy like Bill Gates are buying up all the land right now almost as if they know cash will be worthless pretty soon. :ohhh:

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
Nah.. I was looking at @BaldingSoHard and @-G$- accounts and figured i was doing something wrong so i got really aggressive and more than tripled my money in the last couple of years. I basically created my own way to invest after i did a ton of research.

Basically some people want to argue on here but i was listening to the people who had money and i just took it to another level after doing research. Your money will grow once you do the same.

Props for getting it right and being willing to learn and grow. People on here aren’t interested in hearing about what they don’t understand, they’d rather tell you how they know better than you do.