The game is rigged. 100k is still not enough, and that is crazy.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Lifestyle creep as their salary increases. When, in reality, you shouldn’t be making crazy lifestyle leaps after salary bumps that aren’t massive.

You’ll have someone making $75k and renting a $1500 apartment. They hit $100k and upgrade to a $2500 apartment because they want to project and image. Not to mention probably upgrading car as well.
You can be smart with your money and spend money too.

25k is a significant increase in income.

you gotta reward and enjoy yourself.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
This is my problem with wage theft and cost of living increases.. There are a lot of areas now where rent has no business being this high, but yet it is. Same spots were $1000-1$1200 4-5 years ago, but everyone has no choice but to pay these crazy prices now or be forced to live in less desirable areas. The middle class is being bled at a much faster rate than it's ever been, and mostly through housing.. but as with everything else, we just adjust to it and it becomes the norm.

I get where OP is coming from. 200k is the new 100k. For you to feel somewhat easy at 100k/yr, you need to go back 10 years.

Exactly. 200k is more of that 'balling' kind of wage where you can just come out and drop cash on cars without really thinking about it. 100k is more of a comfortable sort of lifestyle where you can hopefully get a decent house, a nice car and have some money to store up, but you're by no means rich.

100k in Killeen is completely different than 100k in Dallas. Killeen still has places where you can get nice looking houses for 100 to 300k, but the problem is that coming across a 100k job is extremely tough unless you happen to get a job at Fort Hood, which is the military base. On the other hand, it's a lot easier to get a 100k job in Dallas, but if you want to live in a decent area with proximity to the jobs and airports, you're going to end up paying probably 500 to 700k for a 'nice' house.

Where people can make 100k work is if they got in and bought a house before the price of housing exploded or if they are working remotely in a more out of the way, smaller city.

Troublesome

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why is this in the bushes? This is a learning experience for people. If you don't understand him it's probably because you never made 6 figure salary and trust me, 6 figures ain't shyt.. Was a dream until it became reality.

If you don't mind me asking, where are you located that you consider a 6 figure salary inadequate?

Troublesome

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NY/NJ area. It's not enough to be balling. I know a lawyer that makes 200k and is broke as fukk due to kids, student loans, rent is too damn high..

I feel you. I don't know enough about the NY/NJ area so I'll take your word for it. However, I think people have too high of an expectation when it comes to making 6 figures. Just because you're not balling, doesn't make it an inadequate amount for the area.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel you. I don't know enough about the NY/NJ area so I'll take your word for it. However, I think people have too high of an expectation when it comes to making 6 figures. Just because you're not balling, doesn't make it an inadequate amount for the area.

No, you can live off it pretty easy. That's not the goal though. The goal is to be able to do whatever it is you want, without a problem. Like once i got my investments straight i was able to do anything i wanted without worry. The salary alone won't get you there is what i was trying to say.