The game is rigged. 100k is still not enough, and that is crazy.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember watching that movie Soul Food and when breh tried to stunt on breh by mentioning he made $85k per year. As a kid, that sounded like a lot of money to me.

Now, that’s not going to cut it in most major metro areas.

He did lmao. But the movie came out in 1997. He’s making $85,000 in Chicago which is equivalent to making $140,000 in Chicago today. He’s comfortable :ehh: I wouldn’t try to stunt on anyone with that though. It’s honestly because expectations are so low in the black community that having a nice job and a good salary is considered being a super success.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
In summary, the 100K salary doesn't provide the freedom most people think it does.

But is it not the gateway to financial freedom?

If you're saving $24k a year, that means in 2 years you'd have $48,000. That's enough to buy 1 or 2 houses and rent them out. Or you can save for 4 years and put $90,000 down on 5 unit apartment building. A 5 unit apartment building will bring in $6000/month.

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
shyt breh those are some big numbers wtf you got to be doing to be fukkin with 400k+ a year and not happy with it? At this point it's something else within eating at them because studies have been done and they say happiness due to paper maxes out at around 120k and the biggest jump is around 80kish

That just shows money ain't everything it is definitely a lot of things but it ain't everything
It's a cycle that's tough to explain on here.

Making 150k and less is basically the same thing unless you make less than 50 or 60k.
That's why its important to establish property and a GreaT Quality of life on your path to 6 figures.

But over 200k to 1 mil is tough because you cant live in a raggedy area.. and you want a Great area , so you live what you think is at your means , but really it's way above your means cuz you're actually Middle class not rich.... so then you're stuck trying to maintain
Then you run into people who have a Greater life and quality of life and you try to keep up by thinking you Need more money
Not knowing that pass the 150k mark, Money is actually worth less than Family, networking, and connections....

Because to live good w over 200 k you need Very passive income....you dont realize that other brehs have a uncle that hooked him up a w an investment or his college friend linked him w a consultant gig that pays 70k for him to never show up to the office... shyt like that. Over 400k you basically have to stop working and have the type of set up that money just comes to you. Which is difficult for the 99% of us with negative generational wealth.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is not a brag post but I made 1.2 billion dollars over the last 5 years and honestly, I still have to buy the cheap fuel for my private jet or otherwise it gets difficult to make things work financially. I don't know how you 99%-ers do it man. I guess we all in the same boat!

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe I read OP's post different than everyone else. I see it as him coming to the realization that most of the people in this country are barely treading water. And I imagine it's even worst with the current situation. OP I'm with you. I consider myself very blessed to not only have a job but one that pays me well. I pray every day that things get better for those who are not as fortunate.

Yep. Most people in here disagreeing with OP I’m willing to bet don’t live that life so they don’t get it. That’s okay. But the whole be grateful thing no one said that he wasn’t. It’s like telling someone who makes 200k shut up Bc you make 100k. People have different goals in life and when you are operating at a certain income level the things you can do and the horizons broaden. I make 6 figures myself and I have a 401k and two separate investment accounts and I only really spend money on food. But there are tons of people doing better than me and tons doing worse. We all need to acknowledge that it depends on where an individual is trying to go will determine if the money they have is enough. I recognize that most ppl aren’t in a position like myself but once you get to a certain income level, survival and thriving don’t mean the same thing it used to when you had less.

2stainz

GOON MUSIC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chitown, Sohh Icey towers, LWO
I don’t know how y’all missed the premise of this thread.
Im saying... I thought this was a good topic. the coli though :skip:
Maybe I read OP's post different than everyone else. I see it as him coming to the realization that most of the people in this country are barely treading water. And I imagine it's even worst with the current situation. OP I'm with you. I consider myself very blessed to not only have a job but one that pays me well. I pray every day that things get better for those who are not as fortunate.
Thats how I understood it also

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
You'll be aigh nikka.

If you're earning 100k now and relatively young, will only go up. I'm sure with your skills and education, job security is high as well.

Nah fr though, in some areas like silicon valley, 100k is near peanuts. Especially if you haven't paid off shyt like house, car and other shyt already. A higher salary means a more expensive car, house etc. It comes with the territory. True fukk you money comes in the millions.

End of the day location matters and if you're earning 100k it's most likely in the city with a fukked up housing market.

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
I need to get to 350k to live the life I want to live. Living an average to below average life don’t interest me. I feel you on this one OP

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@The Realist Perspective , I understand what you are trying to say, but like others here have mentioned, your delivery is off.

If you just talked about how expensive it is to do anything, how the game is rigged, and not mentioned how much money you make and how much you saved, people would probably take your thread more serious. It’s natural for other people to be turned off by what could appear as bragging, which I understand isn’t your intent, but reading that title of the thread and the OP I can see how others would feel that way.

I feel that this could be a good discussion, but unfortunately the way people are taking your thread has probably killed the discourse you were intending on having.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Yes compared to the very very well to do 100k a year salary isn't that much.

But to a lot of regular folks its a lot of money.

In the big scheme of things when you make 6 figures even the low 6 figures most folks ain't gonna feel sympathy for you. Just look at it this way OP many many many people throughout the country. Especially in this economy would love to switch places with you and would feel you are ungrateful.

And I don't say that to be mean I also make 6 figures...but I am just being honest on how others will feel about you complaining on your salary.

Breh, a thread like this comes of as tonedeaf as fukk though. Like, your expectations are way out of whack. When I hit six figures, it wasn't like 'wow, I made it' but you know that your money is longer than the average person that you meet. I can't help but look at this as being fortunate for being in this position. Like, for a person to say 'I want to be able to do things 1, 2 and 3,' there are many people who can only dream about thing #1.

As a kid from inner-city Detroit to doing what I do now, I'm a success story. It's the seemingly ungrateful idea behind the thread that is off putting to myself and it appears, a lot of others as well.