The Game Awards snub of Forza Horizon 5 discredits the creativity & ingenuity of the entire industry

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
article says they only nominate Oscar-bait movie games :sas2:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
He hurt whatever point he was trying to make by throwing other games/genres under the bus. :camby:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
He hurt whatever point he was trying to make by throwing other games/genres under the bus. :camby:

yeah, the argument holds no weight really. He's just mad because an xbox exclusive wasn't nominated is what he's really saying. Because there aren't typical "cinematic narrative AAAA" games even nominated this year.

• Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart - Mascot Platformer/shooter
  • Psyhonauts 2- Platformer
  • It takes Two- Co-op only platformer
  • Metroid Dread- 2D Platformer/shooter
  • Deathloop- FPS Shooter/Roguelite
  • Resident Evil- Horror FPS
The only game on that list that adheres to the criticism at all is Maybe resident evil village, and MAYBE R&C, only due to the level of polish/presentation not the actual games themselves. He threw Returnal in there but he would 100% be making the same argument had it been nominated as well

The fact is that certain genres are just not gonna be the popular vote, racing, sports, puzzle, strategy, etc. Just like the oscars don't nominate action, superhero, horror, comedy etc. movies for Best Picture. The games that are always gonna be a frontrunner for game of the year at awards are gonna be games that star actual characters, they don't need a strong narrative as we've seen with overwatch, BoTW, Sekiro. This is sour grapes

whats even funnier is that Forza would be the biggest budget game out of all the actual nominations

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Forza being snubbed, is a loud and clear message that is pretty hard for even the stans to ignore.

I'm seeing even playstation stans be like yeahhh... A nomination should have been a shoe in at the very least.

Its been clear to me for awhile how bias the game awards are and I often wonder why Phil gave them so much juice...but I guess that's just "good guy Phil.":manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Forza being snubbed, is a loud and clear message that is pretty hard for even the stans to ignore.

I'm seeing even playstation stans be like yeahhh... A nomination should have been a shoe in at the very least.

Its been clear to me for awhile how bias the game awards are and I often wonder why Phil gave them so much juice...but I guess that's just "good guy Phil.":manny:

Weren’t yall just bragging about microsoft/bethesda getting 20 noms?:patrice:

So regardless of having the most nominations you’re on twitter throwing a fit because you didn’t get the one you wanted. And now it’s unfair?