The French Connection Appreciation Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw this movie for the first time last year and was completely floored. Gene Hackman gave one hell of a performance in this movie but the storyline and plot itself was epic. Then when you add the action in with the storyline and plot, it's just classic. The chase was just :mindblown:

Then the ending was just on some :ohhh:

Again, Gene Hackman gave an outstanding performance as Popeye Doyle. But the one part that always has me rolling is when Popeye Doyle is trying to keep tabs on Pierre Nicoli and Pierre knows Doyle is onto him and has him hopping on and off of the subway. :laugh:

Here's the trailer to the movie:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP_7ZopT6oM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP_7ZopT6oM[/ame]

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A classic and a true story, which makes it even crazier. I used to work for Sonny Grosso, the cop Roy Schieder's character is based off of. He retired and became a TV/Movie producer. He had some crazy stories. A lot of people criticized gene hackman for being too over the top, but Sonny told me his partner, the real Popeye Doyle, was actually way crazier and even more of a character in real life than Gene Hackman portrayed.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
A classic and a true story, which makes it even crazier. I used to work for Sonny Grosso, the cop Roy Schieder's character is based off of. He retired and became a TV/Movie producer. He had some crazy stories. A lot of people criticized gene hackman for being too over the top, but Sonny told me his partner, the real Popeye Doyle, was actually way crazier and even more of a character in real life than Gene Hackman portrayed.

Really? Wow, that's interesting.

I think Gene Hackman did a fantastic job and played that role just great. I almost can't even believe that the real Popeye Doyle was even more over the top but anything's possible.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i need to see this. i remember seeing a little bit of part 2 and liked what i saw but turned it off cause i figured i should see the part 1 first