The film rooms where did it go wrong series: Pirates 3: at worlds end

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Been gone for a bit, but time to get back on track, and this seems like a good one to visit right now. The film had a lot of stuff in it, and it seemed like an easy slam dunk was coming after dead mans chest, but it kinda fell flat and seemingly was forgotten about shortly after release. Where exactly did production go wrong?

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Like many series/sequels, it forgot the kind of "magic" and appeal that made the first one, threw more money, doubled down on everything, that said, it isn't that far from the original, and I remember liking all 3 to various degrees.

The second and third were notably top heavy, and kind of bloated, while the first was slightly leaner, more stripped down, and probably most of all, unique for the time.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I like At World's End more than Dead Man's Chest. Of course there's that bloated "get Jack back sequence" but other than that, I love the tone and theme of it. It also has some brilliant payoffs from the rest of the series. I think moreso, people were sick of it, but similar to 1, Jack isn't even the focus of the film.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Also, they were filmed together, in 2005/2006, in some studio scheme, which led to a kind of blurry, bloated mess, by the time both were cut, edited and released.