• Yes

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Np

Votes: 19 48.7%

• Total voters

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This is one of my favorite movies of all-time.

To this day I see things and automatically think Minority Report.

But when I see people talk about Spielberg's best this gets dismissed. It's somehow underrated even with the talent involved. ( word to Catch Me if you Can).

What say you film brehs?

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I liked it when it came out but the CGI was dated like 2 years after it came out and it's boarderline unwatchable in 2018 because of it.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I’m torn on this one. It’s prescient as hell, and dope neo noir. There are so many little things it does well to build the world around the characters and Tom cruise goes through a lot of shyt. The material was done justice. It’s not my fav cruise and Spielberg collab nor do I think it’s one of his top 10 movies.

Off the top of my head:

Raiders
Jaws
ET
Close encounters
Color purple
Schindler’s list
Jurassic Park
Catch me if you can
Duel
War of the worlds

So I’m not a complete no but I’m not a yes either. @FlyRy sway me homie.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I am not a fan of this flick. Always disliked the plot and Spielberg was doing too much here. Didn't like the cinematography either. I'm in the minority here I'm sure, no pun.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Won't let me. On my phone.

Won't try to sway you we all know you're un swayable

Not when it comes to an argument on film breh :russ:

Peer pressure is one thing. That shyt I don’t give in to. But we’re discussing film so you give me the merits. Everyone else is saying flat no. I’m ready to hear you out. At least want to hear your case as to why this shyt is unimpeachable. Maybe it’ll sway the No’s

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Not when it comes to an argument on film breh :russ:

Peer pressure is one thing. That shyt I don’t give in to. But we’re discussing film so you give me the merits. Everyone else is saying flat no. I’m ready to hear you out. At least want to hear your case as to why this shyt is unimpeachable. Maybe it’ll sway the No’s

I think this is one of Spielberg's last great flicks. (no offense to those that love his senior discount historical drama era :lolbron:)

It's also one of dikk's best premises. All respect to Blade Runner, but this film is definitely more entertaining.

Cruise is great in this. As is Farrell. It's one of the last time's Spielberg made a truly dark film. Rewatching it a few years ago i was surprised at how dark it is for a PG-13 film.

That John Williams score :ohlawd: That Kamniski cinematography :noah: That Scott Frank screenplay :obama: (and the SFX are still dope to me :pacspit: strax)

It's a combo of my fav genres. Sci-fi and mystery/noir. I just think it's a near perfect film.

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
I need to watch it again. It's def a good movie, maybe great in the sci fi genre but not an all timer I think.