The Expendables Was Such A Huge Let Down Of A Franchise

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Decided to do another watch of them and :hhh:

The overly fake looking CGI blood looked bad at release and it has aged like milk. Why the fukk did they do this :mindblown:

How do you waste such a dope cast :mindblown: why is all the action so subpar and forgettable.

Everybody just seemed to be collecting a cheque instead of having fun with their roles. Ironically Mel Gibson looked like he enjoyed himself the most.

Most of the humour is terrible :shaq2:

And why would they make the third one PG13 :scusthov: Ronda Rousey :scusthov:

Just read Terry Crews won’t even be back for the fourth because one of the producers told him to drop the sexual abuse stuff :dahell:

They had 3 tries and struck out each time.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
They were fun nostalgia. You expect an Oscar performance with great cinematography? They're ACTION flicks. :stopitslime:
No. I expect good action. The action was terrible with cgi blood that is distractingly bad.

I can’t think of a phrase that makes me cringe harder than fun nostalgia. The ultimate rock bottom.

Last edited:
Daps
I remember after the 1st if anyone dared criticise it they would have someone jumpin down their neck calling em a beta male that was born in the 00s who just didnt get it.
Them shyts were like a feature length movie version of a-team when it should have been magnificent 7 meets rambo. I dont need hindsight to see they've aged badly always thought they missed a great opportunity from the jump

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
I thought all of em were fun.

The snipes train scene off memory in 3? Was dope

Van damme kickin the knife into the kid was classic

The auto shotty scene in first one wit terry crews

Jet li fight scen s with the pots and pans

Dolph as the renegade drug addict was well played

Bruce willis was the most dissapointing part of the series. He didnt do shyt.

Arnold held it down tho.

Statham and sly had the best scenes all together.

Loved eric roberts in the first one and mickey rourkes character (Heard he did it as a favor to sly for putting him in get carter... and underrated CLASSIC imo)

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Goofy. Don't need the self-aware quips. Don't care that it's referencing old action movies and the miners those worked because they were mostly being sincere not trying to be self-referential. Would rather watch just about anything the folks involved have been in instead of these movies.