The Education of the Negro, Prior to 1861 (Carter G. Woodson)

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Most of us are familiar with The Miseducation of the Negro. But listened to the In Class With Carr podcast and Professor Greg Carr mentioned this book, by the same author. Found it interesting, so posting the chapters covering Higher Education and Vocational Training.

olcovers564-L-zip-file-5648335-L.jpg

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
@DrBanneker

During your Rate HBCU series, I was fascinated by the backstories for the individual schools. Woodson gives us a bit of an overview of the early institutions and the climate that drove the formation of the ones created during and after the War.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
@DrBanneker

During your Rate HBCU series, I was fascinated by the backstories for the individual schools. Woodson gives us a bit of an overview of the early institutions and the climate that drove the formation of the ones created during and after the War.

Yeah I got Miseducation on my bookshelf but I definitely need to read this. Thanks for the links!

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thanks for the links.

Very intetesting that the European thought educating black people would "enlighten" us to leave the country. And realize our suffering,and that staying in this country and "fighting" its laws are a waste of time:respect: