The DualShock 4 Can Now Be Used Wirelessly On PS3

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli
The PS4′s controller has been compatible with the PS3 since launch, though only if it was connected through a USB wire. However it now appears one of the recent updates allows for you to connect the controller and use it wirelessly. I just came across a tip on Reddit now, and had to try it out for myself, though the console doesn’t actually recognise the controller as an official Sony one. The step by step guide is as follows.

1. Connect DS4 with wire to PS3 then turn on.
  2. Go to Accessory settings.
  3. Select Manage Bluetooth Devices, and scan for device.
  4. While scanning hold the PS & Share buttons on the DS4.
  5. Select Wireless Controller. The DS4 light should now be white.
  6. Unplug wire and test it out.
This isn’t full recognition and as a result things like the PS button, as well as the vibrate and Sixaxis functions won’t work. But at least there is some support now.

Source: Reddit

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
The PS4′s controller has been compatible with the PS3 since launch, though only if it was connected through a USB wire. However it now appears one of the recent updates allows for you to connect the controller and use it wirelessly. I just came across a tip on Reddit now, and had to try it out for myself, though the console doesn’t actually recognise the controller as an official Sony one. The step by step guide is as follows.

1. Connect DS4 with wire to PS3 then turn on.
  2. Go to Accessory settings.
  3. Select Manage Bluetooth Devices, and scan for device.
  4. While scanning hold the PS & Share buttons on the DS4.
  5. Select Wireless Controller. The DS4 light should now be white.
  6. Unplug wire and test it out.
This isn’t full recognition and as a result things like the PS button, as well as the vibrate and Sixaxis functions won’t work. But at least there is some support now.

Source: Reddit
:blessed:
More controllers so my kids could fukk up!!!!

I ain't saying nothing though.......:heh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Will use my extra dualshock 4 with the PS3 from now on then

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
I got my ps3 collecting dust in my basement. Can it used for anything useful? I put my ps4 in a guest room so I can remote play my ps5 there.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this was “recently” an issue tho (about 2 years ago) when I tried to play max payne 3 on PS3…I couldn’t play the game cuz the start button on the DS4 wouldn’t work…so it’s not fully compatible…I didn’t realize how shytty a controller the DS3 was…but I was only “sony gang” at the time so there was nothing really to compare it to

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I got my ps3 collecting dust in my basement. Can it used for anything useful? I put my ps4 in a guest room so I can remote play my ps5 there.

Mod it and turn it into a retro console. Other then that not much use for it anymore. I was using it simply for a media player but cheap ass firesticks are better media players at this point. But yea I still have mines hooked up only to introduce my nephew to some old school shyt from time to time.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
this was “recently” an issue tho (about 2 years ago) when I tried to play max payne 3 on PS3…I couldn’t play the game cuz the start button on the DS4 wouldn’t work…so it’s not fully compatible…I didn’t realize how shytty a controller the DS3 was…but I was only “sony gang” at the time so there was nothing really to compare it to
The DS3 looks fine until you actually play with it…then you realize it’s like using a DS1 controller :mjlol:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Only in hindsight. Still the best controller of that gen. :manny:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Only in hindsight. Still the best controller of that gen. :manny:

nah definitely debatable at the time…a lot of ppl liked the 360 controller and expressed it…but I barely used a 360 and was biased toward the PS3 so I didn’t care

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
nah definitely debatable at the time…a lot of ppl liked the 360 controller and expressed it…but I barely used a 360 and was biased toward the PS3 so I didn’t care
Those people were biased. 360 had woat d-pad. You could not play fighting games on there.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Those people were biased. 360 had woat d-pad. You could not play fighting games on there.
Going back to the 360 controller from the XSX controller is :wtf:

And I was team Microsoft, how tf did anybody play with that shyt