The Dreaded Samsung Black Screen of Death..what are my options?

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Got a Samsung S5, unlocked (Model GM-900H) and the screen is not turning on anymore. While I'm not too worried about losing the phone itself, since it's old and already giving up the ghost, I'm more worried about my information and contacts on the phone, since a large majority of it isn't backed up (Caught slipping, I know) and every data recovery trial I'm downloading doesn't have my model number in stock, which causes a dead end since using an incorrect model number option could potentially brick my phone.

Would replacing the screen help at all or is this a software issue that would persist even with a new screen?
Has anyone dealt with this sort of thing before or got put in a similar situation? If so, what did you do?
Is my data gone for good or is there some solution out there that I haven't found as yet?

Power and Internet for me is hella limited right now and the frustration of dealing with this shyt, with what little time I have, got a breh ready to send his laptop spinning out a window. A bit of help? Cheers eitherway.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
As long as it’s turning on you should just be able to grab files via windows when connecting to a pc.

Have you tried an mhl hdmi cable to connect to a tv? Sometimes it’s just the screen that’s fukked. If something is wrong with that GPU then you are dead.

Are you sure your contacts are not synced with your google account?