The double standard in hip hop has reached extreme levels

DuncanWebayama

webayama 7'5" hall of fame loc
Daps
Reppin
french baguittes and chips
50 the realest in the game....

When somebody is asked their opinion on any topic you want their honest opinion, but instead you get the same pocketed answers "I don't know, it doesn't bother me" "it don't have nothing to do with me"... and you guys appreciate those answers, but why? Don't you want their answers? What's the point of interviewing someone if they don't answer the question?

For example the chris brown/drake situation both meek meel and big sean had no response for it at all. No opinion, they both gave robotic answers. 50 was asked on the same topic and gave his opinion (chris brown would fukk drake up)...That's why I appreciate artists like waka/50/MGK/Eminem/DMX raw and uncut...but that is shamed upon? Why? Hip hop died, that is the reason...

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans via NYC
50 the realest in the game....

When somebody is asked their opinion on any topic you want their honest opinion, but instead you get the same pocketed answers "I don't know, it doesn't bother me" "it don't have nothing to do with me"... and you guys appreciate those answers, but why? Don't you want their answers? What's the point of interviewing someone if they don't answer the question?

For example the chris brown/drake situation both meek meel and big sean had no response for it at all. No opinion, they both gave robotic answers. 50 was asked on the same topic and gave his opinion (chris brown would fukk drake up)...That's why I appreciate artists like waka/50/MGK/Eminem/DMX raw and uncut...but that is shamed upon? Why? Hip hop died, that is the reason...

the game aint about responses to interview its about music.

zoo

★★★★★
Daps
I wouldn't say stating opinions like 50 does is shamed upon, but industry politics, blackballing etc. have got new rappers too shook to say shyt about 99% of artists

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
Meek & Sean biting their tongues for Political reasons... they're not in position to say the wrong shyt & piss the wrong person off...

50 gives no fukks... he doesn't need the industry... :win:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Meek & Sean biting their tongues for Political reasons... they're not in position to say the wrong shyt & piss the wrong person off...

Thats the whole point...

How are you a rapper/artist... talking tough regularly on records... repping tough hoods... but are scared to speak your mind cause of industry backlash

Tupac didnt give a fukk, people loved him for it. Obv theres a limit but these guys are shook to death it seems.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
These are dudes coming from the bottom of the barrel and they are finally getting the chance to put food on the table for themselves and their family. It might be cool to everyone looking in, but it is incredibly stupid for anyone in their position to throw away everything they worked hard to get just because they feel opinionated for a quick minute. It's just not worth it to potentially black ball yourself saying some dumb shyt, especially when you are a new artist and you depend on these people to eat.

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
Thats the whole point...

How are you a rapper/artist... talking tough regularly on records... repping tough hoods... but are scared to speak your mind cause of industry backlash

Tupac didnt give a fukk, people loved him for it. Obv theres a limit but these guys are shook to death it seems.

The game is more PC now... :manny:

Back then there was a lot more money in the industry so you could afford not to kiss everyones ass. Plus it was a different age of information... you could say the wrong thing & nobody would even know about it til' months later when it gets published in a magazine.

This day in age? You say the wrong thing & it's all over TMZ, Blogs & Twitters within' a matter of minutes with a bunch of nobodies chiming in their opinions on it & making these nikkaz fallback in an industry that has become much more dependent on relationships since the money is less & in less peoples hands.

But I definitely get what you're saying... :leostare:

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most people kiss ass these days, so it's obvious that they would relate to artists that do the same thing. Standard co.

My people, you can still be successful without kissing ass!

KTD2

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's all politics. Not wanting to burn bridges for future collabs/features etc.

50 is the Meg Griffin of rap. Doesn't matter what he says about who at this point.

But when you're the hot up & coming guy hot like Meek, what you say matters in terms of who you get to work with in the future.

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's all politics. Not wanting to burn bridges for future collabs/features etc.

50 is the Meg Griffin of rap. Doesn't matter what he says about who at this point.

But when you're the hot up & coming guy hot like Meek, what you say matters in terms of who you get to work with in the future.

That's true, he's playing the game... yet for a guy who raps so hard and tries coming across like a hood commando in all of his verses...that sure is soft

Yet ppl will criticize a rapper like Joe Budden and call him "soft". Yeah, he may not spit about hard stuff, yet he has never been afraid to speak his mind. To me, that's realer and harder than a rapper like Meek, sorry. Actions > words.

Wizard of Oz ass mofos

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
These are dudes coming from the bottom of the barrel and they are finally getting the chance to put food on the table for themselves and their family. It might be cool to everyone looking in, but it is incredibly stupid for anyone in their position to throw away everything they worked hard to get just because they feel opinionated for a quick minute. It's just not worth it to potentially black ball yourself saying some dumb shyt, especially when you are a new artist and you depend on these people to eat.
You dont think its strange though that these guys have whole albums talking about how tough they are, claiming this and that, but won't even offer a harmless opinion out of fear?

Theres a clear contradiction here.

"Im from the city where the skinny nikkas claim to ride ride... but when you ask they opinion, they run and hide" - MEEK Mill

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Wasn't shyt wrong with either Meek or Sean's response to that...not everybody is a crab ass always got shyt to say about the next man type of a person....if you're a nikka in the industry, it does absolutely nothing but cause problems for you personally and your associates if you're going out of your way to be adversarial for no good reason...interjecting yourself into beefs that don't concern you for some cheap laughs is clown shyt...especially if, as is the case here, you're cool to a certain extent with both parties...Sean is on good terms with both Drake and Chris Brown, what exactly are y'all expecting him to say in that spot? What was wrong with what he did say (basically...I'm just watching it as entertainment, etc.) hell not even just the rap game, but most industries and social settings...the vast majority of people aren't gonna go out of their way to be an a$$hole...50's a different type of case, because that's been his gimmick for years and prolly just his personality...the media and the fans expect it from him at this point and I'm sure he feels obligated to play into his reputation...but it's also part of the reason he's colder than siberia out there, and has minimal allegiances in the game to help him get hot again...not much different than that nikka or chick at your job that nobody really fukks with cause they're always running their mouth