The Darwin Project [PC|XB1]

natturnher

Rookie
Daps
New battle royale game on horizon with a interesting twist to the genre:

ABOUT THIS GAME
Welcome to our 1st Free Open Beta Weekend!
January 19th-20th-21st
Friday noon PST - Sunday 9 pm PST
Friday 3 pm EST - Sunday midnight EST
Friday 9 pm UTC+1 (CET) - Monday 6 am UTC+1 (CET)

Darwin Project takes place in a dystopian post-apocalyptic landscape in the Northern Canadian Rockies. As preparation for an impending Ice Age, a new project, half science experiment half live-entertainment, is launched. It's called "Darwin Project" and it challenges 10 participants to survive the cold and fight to the death in a treacherous arena.

KEY FEATURES:
- MANHUNT & SURVIVAL:
Track the position of enemies, by using environmental clues they left behind and be creative with your use of crafted traps to take the upperhand. The biting cold of the Northern Canadian Rockies will also slowly freeze you should you be careless.

- SHOW DIRECTOR:
The Show Director is the living bridge between the players and spectators. He/She is the host and master who controls the arena with nuclear bombs, zone closures, gravity storms, and the power of their voice. This could be a real tool of self discovery; the start of your new career as a charming but deadly game show host.

- LIVE SPECTATOR INTERACTIONS:

Stream viewers on Mixer* can also bet live on the competitors they think will reign supreme, in addition to helping the Show Director choose targets for their arena-shaping powers. Whether they’re voting on which player deserves a death-defying heal or which zone to nuke, it’s time for spectators to become active participants in the manhunt!
To try out this feature, Darwin Project devs will be hosting matches on Darwin Project Mixer Channel as Show Directors during the entire duration of the Open beta weekend (from 4pm to 7pm (EST)).
*Twitch integration in on its way, stay tuned!

Official Website

Game appears to combine elements from survival games and BR games, toss in a few op power-ups, and add a quasi-omnipotent Director to fukk shyt up. Probably fun to fukk around in, but definitely those looking for competitive play should look elsewhere. Anyone playing this right now? That show director feature while fun could fukk up your match if they out to get you.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
This is an automatic :camby: for me.

fukk these cartoonish graphics for my competitive games.
I just can't get immersed in shyt like this, plants vs. zombies, and other shyt that looks like this.

No hate on brehs looking forward to it.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
This is an automatic :camby: for me.

fukk these cartoonish graphics for my competitive games.
I just can't get immersed in shyt like this, plants vs. zombies, and other shyt that looks like this.

No hate on brehs looking forward to it.
I think it'll be a more gangsta Fortnite br mode type of game... Tbc

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Doesn't seem like 10 players are enough. It's, so far, more fun watching people troll as the show director.