The damn BET awards are tomorrow …. I had no idea 🤷🏾‍♂️ do you think the reason why no big stars don’t come out is because…

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The shyt is corny actually as white people and other genres of music still treat their awards shows as a big deal and show up, but ours don’t.

In fact, those genres still treat our artist as a big deal when they show up on their shows even if it’s past their hay day.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Who's you talking about not named Beyonce? I'm assuming you are talking music even though actors are involved also.

Usher is coming
Will Smith is coming
all the reality TV stars smh

IMO Mike, Prince, & Whitney dying so early lo-key killed these Black themed award shows because they couldn't be replaced.
We can't keep rolling Stevie out there for these tributes.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Who's you talking about not named Beyonce? I'm assuming you are talking music even though actors are involved also.

Usher is coming
Will Smith is coming
all the reality TV stars smh

IMO Mike, Prince, & Whitney dying so early lo-key killed these Black themed award shows because they couldn't be replaced.
We can't keep rolling Stevie out there for these tributes.

I always said that black award shows died with those 3.....add Luther as well.

The thing about black music culture is that we always had icons to replace icons when they died off. Now who would be a considered a icon under 50?

Beyonce, maybe Usher and who else?

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
The shyt is corny actually as white people and other genres of music still treat their awards shows as a big deal and show up, but ours don’t.

In fact, those genres still treat our artist as a big deal when they show up on their shows even if it’s past their hay day.
Black fans and black celebrities shyt on their own award shows. It’s sad.