The creator of The Witcher, who finessed himself out of royalties, is coming for that money

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
He probably never thought that the game would be as big as it got. I know I sure as hell wouldn't have from that first game. The first game was good, but it was in no way near the scope of what we got with the third installment. Also, if the Netflix show is a bonafide hit, I don't see how CDPR doesn't make more games. Right now they're really getting by from nickle and diming whatever money they have, and whatever grants they can get from the Polish government. If the show is a hit, they might just be able to get Netflix to help fund another Witcher game. So Andrzej Sapkowski, in this case, doesn't want to become Jerry Siegel and Joel Shuster.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
He probably never thought that the game would be as big as it got. I know I sure as hell wouldn't have from that first game. The first game was good, but it was in no way near the scope of what we got with the third installment. Also, if the Netflix show is a bonafide hit, I don't see how CDPR doesn't make more games. Right now they're really getting by from nickle and diming whatever money they have, and whatever grants they can get from the Polish government. If the show is a hit, they might just be able to get Netflix to help fund another Witcher game. So Andrzej Sapkowski, in this case, doesn't want to become Jerry Siegel and Joel Shuster.

:francis: Dudes gotta think about the long game concerning their IP. David Morell, the author of First Blood, didn't think Hollywood would go that far off his stand alone novel. He would have been assed out if it wasn't for his lawyer securing the bag for him with royalty contracts for the future of Rambo.

Sapkowski fukked up big time and now he looks dumb as fukk because he shytted on CDPR for taking a risk and having faith on his work. He needs to hold that L and hope netflix got him covered.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Damn man I hope he gets some bread off this everyone profitting off his work except him and he was sitting on a virtual gold mine... That's why I work so hard at creating stuff too cause you never know... If you can get percentage points off your work when it turns into a movie fukk what the studio says and go for it... they be some greedy ass b*stards when it's your work... :beli:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Damn man I hope he gets some bread off this everyone profitting off his work except him and he was sitting on a virtual gold mine... That's why I work so hard at creating stuff too cause you never know... If you can get percentage points off your work when it turns into a movie fukk what the studio says and go for it... they be some greedy ass b*stards when it's your work... :beli:
How are they being greedy when they offered him a much better deal when he demanded the paltry amount he got?

Then his ass has shytted on CD project red every chance he got while they have more faith in his work than he did. They did far more for his story than he ever did and all they got was continued disrespect in return. He admitted that the game series actually boosted the popularity of his books and he has a Netflix series coming based off his work, all because of the work project red put in.

He deserves this L for being an arrogant a$$hole.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
:francis: Dudes gotta think about the long game concerning their IP. David Morell, the author of First Blood, didn't think Hollywood would go that far off his stand alone novel. He would have been assed out if it wasn't for his lawyer securing the bag for him with royalty contracts for the future of Rambo.

Sapkowski fukked up big time and now he looks dumb as fukk because he shytted on CDPR for taking a risk and having faith on his work. He needs to hold that L and hope netflix got him covered.

This is all the opposite of why Bob Kane died a millionaire. In retrospect, we now know just how involved Bill Finger was with Batman and creating characters. It was Bob Kane, whose father and grandfather were both in the newspaper business, and knew the financial value of these comic book characters. So they wrote up his contract, and went to the DC office, to say that he has to get paid for everything Batman related, and that he's not getting fukked over.

And honestly, in this day and age, I do not feel bad for him. There has been a Polish movie and TV version of the Witcher. So it's not like he doesn't know that his property doesn't have potential. You should know that something that is a dud today, and the Polish series and movie were, can be a worldwide global hit 10 years from now.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
How are they being greedy when they offered him a much better deal when he demanded the paltry amount he got?

Then his ass has shytted on CD project red every chance he got while they have more faith in his work than he did. They did far more for his story than he ever did and all they got was continued disrespect in return. He admitted that the game series actually boosted the popularity of his books and he has a Netflix series coming based off his work, all because of the work project red put in.

He deserves this L for being an arrogant a$$hole.

:ohhh: I didn't know that...

Usually the studios and others trying to screw the creator out of royalties it's insane...:pachaha:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
You got it all wrong fam...

CDPR offered his dumbass a bigger cut which he turned down for immediate cash because he didn't think the games would amount to anything...

No one stole from him or being greedy, dude has no one to blame but himself...

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You got it all wrong fam...

CDPR offered his dumbass a bigger cut which he turned down for immediate cash because he didn't think the games would amount to anything...

No one stole from him or being greedy, dude has no one to blame but himself...

Yeah I saw the earlier post... the creator was a dumbass...:mjlol: Did he not see how big this shyt was gonna become???!! there's things called forsight!!! :beli:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Yeah I saw the earlier post... the creator was a dumbass...:mjlol: Did he not see how big this shyt was gonna become???!! there's things called forsight!!! :beli:
The fukked up thing about his earlier payout demands was, this a$$hole made them when CDPR was a small struggling studio...

He forced them to pay him out to legally acquire the copyright rights which they did even thoguh they were cash strapped...

Now this fakkit tryna piggy back off their success which he had ZERO faith in, mocked them and wanted not to be apart of...:stopitslime:

The Cyberpunk breh knew better and is apart of that project working with CDPR...