The Coli's official podcast thread !

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've increased my driving time at work and am sick of the same old songs, so put me on some funny/informative podcasts. I've already checked out freakanomics.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
How about making this the official podcast thread?

Bill Burr Monday Morning Podcast for comedy.
http://billburr.com/podcast
Since May 2007, Bill Burr has recorded a weekly one-hour podcast, in which he speaks without reservation and off the cuff about his past and recent experiences, going on tour, and sports. It is called Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast.

Freakonomics for interesting stories.
http://www.freakonomics.com/radio/freakonomics-radio-podcast-archive/
"Freakonomics" and "SuperFreakonomics," by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner, are groundbreaking books that explore "the hidden side of everything." Now there's Freakonomics Radio, a project that includes a weekly podcast, regular segments on Marketplace, and one-hour specials to be broadcast on public-radio stations across the country. Prepare to be enlightened, engaged, perhaps enraged, and definitely surprised.

Last edited:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've increased my driving time at work and am sick of the same old songs, so put me on some funny/informative podcasts. I've already checked out freakanomics.

Mack lessons radio - Tariq Nasheed. He talks about social issues, entertainment, history. Damn near Everything

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Bill Burr Monday Morning Podcast, Call Chelsea Peretti, The Champs (Neal Brennan & Moshe Kasher), Giant Bombcast, Doug Loves Movies, Black Guy Who Tips, DVDASA(David Choe & Asa Akira), The Nerdist, NPR Planet Money.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
For general human interest stories there's something like

This American Life which is probably the most popular podcast period, from NPR
www.thisamericanlife.org/
Each week's show has a theme, explored in several "acts." On occasion, an entire program will consist of a single act. Content varies widely by episode. Stories are often told as first-person narratives. The mood of the show ranges from gloomy to ironic, from thought-provoking to humorous. Often This American Life features stories which explore aspects of human nature,such as "Kid Logic," which presented pieces on reasoning of children.

For something that takes on a topic and is a bit drier you can try Radiolab
http://www.radiolab.org/
Hosted by Jad Abumrad and Robert Krulwich, the show focuses on topics of a scientific and philosophical nature. The show attempts to approach broad, difficult topics such as "time" and "morality" in an accessible and light-hearted manner and with a distinctive audio production style.

For just general fukkery as well interesting/informative stuff you can try the Joe Rogan Experience
http://podcasts.joerogan.net/
The Joe Rogan Experience podcast is a long form conversation hosted by comedian, UFC color commentator, and actor Joe Rogan with friends and guests that have included comedians, actors, musicians, MMA instructors and commentators, authors, and artists. The Joe Rogan Experience was voted the Best Comedy Podcast of 2012 on iTunes.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Bump. I've been listening to a lot of crime podcasts recently. Fell into a rabbit hole of listening to a lot of crime podcasts recently. I started off with the amazing journalism in things like Crimetown or Serial, but recently I was binging those 45-minute Dateline episodes because there are so many of them. Managed to shake that addiction and but I've pivoted back to some of the more investigative and thought-provoking podcasts that last +10 hours now instead.

Currently I am listening to 'In The Dark' and I'm on the second season. If you liked Season 3 of Serial, you will love 'In The Dark'. It is very similar except instead of locking at the judicial system, they are looking at the police and their shortcomings.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Bump. I've been listening to a lot of crime podcasts recently. Fell into a rabbit hole of listening to a lot of crime podcasts recently. I started off with the amazing journalism in things like Crimetown or Serial, but recently I was binging those 45-minute Dateline episodes because there are so many of them. Managed to shake that addiction and but I've pivoted back to some of the more investigative and thought-provoking podcasts that last +10 hours now instead.

Currently I am listening to 'In The Dark' and I'm on the second season. If you liked Season 3 of Serial, you will love 'In The Dark'. It is very similar except instead of looking at the judicial system, they are looking at the police and their shortcomings.
Just binged for the last 4 hours and I'm completely up to speed with the podcast. Quite possibly the best podcast of all time in my opinion. With that said, keep an eye on the news because I will NOT be surprised if people end up dead or there are riots as backlash due to this podcast. Don't google anything about the podcast and ruin any aspect of it though. Just start Season 2 and hold on for the ride.

In the Dark, Season 2 (Curtis Flowers) | Podcast | APM Reports
Season 1 is dope too but it is a completely different story and not nearly as relevant or in the news. I say listen to Season 2 first and then double back to Season 1.

Last edited: