TLOU
TLOU2
Uncharted 1-3
Ghost of Tsushima
Horizon Zero Dawn
Horizon Forbidden West
GOW Ragnorak

:ohlawd:
I'm late to the PS5 party so I spent the year getting acquainted with these classics. My game of the year was definitely Ragnorak but Forbidden West is a close 2nd. I clocked about 90 hours in that game. 45 in Ragnorak.

Most disappointing was definitely the Uncharted series. Had to force myself to get through it. Especially 1 and 2. After beating 3, I couldn't even bring myself to play 4.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
What were your favorite games?

• God of War Ragnarok
  • Elden Ring
  • Sifu
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Marvel’s Midnight Suns
  • Rollerdrome
What were your disappointments?
  • Digimon Survive
  • Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
  • Relayer
  • Plague Tale Requiem would have to fall into this spot. I’m glad i played it and finished the story but i don’t like where they went with the narrative at all
  • The narrative of Horizon was also disappointing but the gameplay, music, graphics made up for it. Hope ‘Burning Shores’ makes up for it

What were your surprises?
  • Rollerdrome
  • Inscryption
  • Little Noah
  • Toem
  • knew I would love Midnight Suns because I love Firaxis (and Marvel) but it debatably became my GOTY
Did you take on any new genres?

• Gran Turismo 7 and Olli Olli world if we’re counting them as sports/racing,
Did some genres pass you by?

• Multiplayer shooters/fighters/sports as usual (if you don’t count the above)

• God of War Ragnarok
  • Elden Ring
  • Sifu
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Marvels Midnight Suns
  • Rollerdrome
  • Inscryptiion
  • Little Noah Scion of Paradise
  • Divinity Original Sin 2
  • TMNT Shredders Revenge
  • Sifu
  • Life is Strange True Colors
  • Stray
  • Last of us Part 1 and 2 (again)
  • Toem
  • Super Hot
  • A Plague Tale Requiem
  • Triangle Strategy
  • Into The Breach (again)
  • Cult of The Lamb
  • Citizen Sleeper

Last edited:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Here’s the list of games I beat this year

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1+2

Fable: Anniversary Edition

Elden Ring

Judgment

Lost Judgment

Destiny: Witch Queen Expansion (Solo Legendary)

Destiny: Season of the Haunted (Battlepass)

Wasteland 3

Far Cry 6

Nier: Automata

Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels Expansion

DeathLoop

Multiversus Season 1 Battlepass

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Elden Ring (New Game+)

Persona 5 Royal (Xbox)

Session: Skate Sim

COD: Modern Warfare 2

Destiny: Season of Plunder (Battlepass)

Witcher 3 & Hearts of Stone

Marvel Midnight Suns

Elden Ring was a top 5 All Time game for me and was definitely the highlight of the year. It got me to try Sekiro which has my all time favorite sword combat as well. I’d never played any FromSoft games before but those two games made me a stan:ohlawd:

The Judgment games were dope after playing the entire Yakuza series last year. I wasn’t sure they could make a Kiryu-level protagonist ina detective game but I really liked the whole cast in those games and thought they did a great job putting a new spin on the Yakuza formula

Marvel Midnight Suns and MultiVersus were my 2 wildcards of the year. Kinda just took a chance on them and ended up really enjoying both :ehh:

Also Session is totally washing Skater XL as far as skateboarding simulator goes and it’s not even close:picard: I totally bushed XL after the first day with it after putting a ton of hours in it over the past couple years

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Here’s the list of games I beat this year

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1+2

Fable: Anniversary Edition

Elden Ring

Judgment

Lost Judgment

Destiny: Witch Queen Expansion (Solo Legendary)

Destiny: Season of the Haunted (Battlepass)

Wasteland 3

Far Cry 6

Nier: Automata

Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels Expansion

DeathLoop

Multiversus Season 1 Battlepass

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Elden Ring (New Game+)

Persona 5 Royal (Xbox)

Session: Skate Sim

COD: Modern Warfare 2

Destiny: Season of Plunder (Battlepass)

Witcher 3 & Hearts of Stone

Marvel Midnight Suns

Elden Ring was a top 5 All Time game for me and was definitely the highlight of the year. It got me to try Sekiro which has my all time favorite sword combat as well. I’d never played any FromSoft games before but those two games made me a stan:ohlawd:

The Judgment games were dope after playing the entire Yakuza series last year. I wasn’t sure they could make a Kiryu-level protagonist ina detective game but I really liked the whole cast in those games and thought they did a great job putting a new spin on the Yakuza formula

Marvel Midnight Suns and MultiVersus were my 2 wildcards of the year. Kinda just took a chance on them and ended up really enjoying both :ehh:

Also Session is totally washing Skater XL as far as skateboarding simulator goes and it’s not even close:picard: I totally bushed XL after the first day with it after putting a ton of hours in it over the past couple years

Time to cop that V. Bloodborne awaits :ehh:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
ive been playing retro, rereleases, and remakes. modern gaming is in a lul for me. just got my PS5 today but i also have another gamecube game coming in the mail this week.

digimon survive was a let down. that is my first and will be my last digimon game, LOL.

forspoken has me interested in new stuff again.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
What did you get this year?

Games:

Switch/PS/Xbox Physical

1671424714124992-2.png

Switch/PS/Xbox Digital

Xbox

Screenshot%202022-12-18%20223649.png

Got this for my son under his account so he could get the Ultimate Team stuff. There wasn't a physical for this version of the game.

1671424718596409-0.jpg

PS

Screenshot%202022-12-18%20223620.png

PC/Virtual Reality

Steam

Screenshot%202022-12-18%20222904.png

Oculus

Screenshot%202022-12-18%20230026.png

Mobile - Getting data from Google is a pain, so I passed. (Same as last year)

Hardware

1671424716277519-1.png

Pictured:

2 8bitdo Ultimate Controllers
Sony WH-XB910N Headphones
Logitech G613 Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Qanba Obsidian Joystick
On left of joystick: Brooks Wingman converter for arcade stick to use on Xbox consoles.
On right of joystick: Seagate 1 TB expansion drive for Xbox Series X

Triangle Strategy
Soul Hackers 2
F1 Manager
Pillars of Eternity 1 & 2
God of War: Ragnorak
Beat Saber
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
FitXR (I'm calling it a game for the sake of this.)

I think I knew what I was getting into with all of my purchases. I didn't get as much enjoyment out of Elden Ring as seemingly the rest of the world did, but all games aren't for everyone. I may try it again down the road.

What were your surprises.

Triangle Strategy: This is one of the best things that Square Enix has released in a while. The strategy needed to win battles and the story was dope too.

Beat Saber: Bought on the PSVR1, was like, whatever. Got it on the Quest 2, again, whatever. What I did find on the Quest however was a community that did custom songs and so once I got it set up with some songs from Prince, The Jackson 5, Kool & The Gang among others, it was on and popping. So, the modding community made this 'click' for me at last.

F1 Manager: I would play the hell out of Motorsport Manager 1, 2 & 3 on my tablet/phone so when I heard this was being made, I knew I had to get it. Granted, in real life, I only knew one real F1 driver, Lewis Hamiliton because he was black to be honest and I don't know too much about cars. However, after getting myself up to speed, learning about DRS and who the FIA was among other things, I was off to the races, pun intended.

FitXR: Call it a game, app or whatever. It's something that I use for 30 minutes every day. It's made me a healthier Iceberg so that subscription to it is fine by me. I just do the boxing workouts exclusively and this has helped me with more flexibility, not being as tired, etc.

Nothing new as far as genres. I've decided to dive more into the Strategy RPG side of things though. As I'm older, I appreciate the way you have to fight battles, can't just be guns blazing all the time as I love the pace and methodology needed to succeed. Sports Management Games are something that are just RPGs with sports in them. I've fallen for them hard currently too.

Traditional sports games. Baseball, Basketball & Football. I've barely played The Show, Madden or NBA2K. My son does his thing with those. First year I never created a person in My Career. In every game, I got the collector's edition so he could get the perks. League Pass with NBA2K was a bonus for me, however as I can watch basketball all day long.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Games:

Switch/PS/Xbox Physical

1671424714124992-2.png

Switch/PS/Xbox Digital

Xbox

Screenshot%202022-12-18%20223649.png

Got this for my son under his account so he could get the Ultimate Team stuff. There wasn't a physical for this version of the game.

1671424718596409-0.jpg

PS

Screenshot%202022-12-18%20223620.png

PC/Virtual Reality

Steam

Screenshot%202022-12-18%20222904.png

Oculus

Screenshot%202022-12-18%20230026.png

Mobile - Getting data from Google is a pain, so I passed. (Same as last year)

Hardware

1671424716277519-1.png

Pictured:

2 8bitdo Ultimate Controllers
Sony WH-XB910N Headphones
Logitech G613 Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Qanba Obsidian Joystick
On left of joystick: Brooks Wingman converter for arcade stick to use on Xbox consoles.
On right of joystick: Seagate 1 TB expansion drive for Xbox Series X

Triangle Strategy
Soul Hackers 2
F1 Manager
Pillars of Eternity 1 & 2
God of War: Ragnorak
Beat Saber
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
FitXR (I'm calling it a game for the sake of this.)

I think I knew what I was getting into with all of my purchases. I didn't get as much enjoyment out of Elden Ring as seemingly the rest of the world did, but all games aren't for everyone. I may try it again down the road.

What were your surprises.

Triangle Strategy: This is one of the best things that Square Enix has released in a while. The strategy needed to win battles and the story was dope too.

Beat Saber: Bought on the PSVR1, was like, whatever. Got it on the Quest 2, again, whatever. What I did find on the Quest however was a community that did custom songs and so once I got it set up with some songs from Prince, The Jackson 5, Kool & The Gang among others, it was on and popping. So, the modding community made this 'click' for me at last.

F1 Manager: I would play the hell out of Motorsport Manager 1, 2 & 3 on my tablet/phone so when I heard this was being made, I knew I had to get it. Granted, in real life, I only knew one real F1 driver, Lewis Hamiliton because he was black to be honest and I don't know too much about cars. However, after getting myself up to speed, learning about DRS and who the FIA was among other things, I was off to the races, pun intended.

FitXR: Call it a game, app or whatever. It's something that I use for 30 minutes every day. It's made me a healthier Iceberg so that subscription to it is fine by me. I just do the boxing workouts exclusively and this has helped me with more flexibility, not being as tired, etc.

Nothing new as far as genres. I've decided to dive more into the Strategy RPG side of things though. As I'm older, I appreciate the way you have to fight battles, can't just be guns blazing all the time as I love the pace and methodology needed to succeed. Sports Management Games are something that are just RPGs with sports in them. I've fallen for them hard currently too.

Traditional sports games. Baseball, Basketball & Football. I've barely played The Show, Madden or NBA2K. My son does his thing with those. First year I never created a person in My Career. In every game, I got the collector's edition so he could get the perks. League Pass with NBA2K was a bonus for me, however as I can watch basketball all day long.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I played too much GTA, 2k and Call of Duty like a fukking hack, this year...slowed down on 2k23, tho.

I gotta get bike to story games.

GOW:RAK, Horizon Forbidden, NBA 2K22, NBA 2K23, MLB: The Show 22, MLB: The Show 21, Titanfall, Devil May Cry 5, Cyberpunk 2077 (PS5 Upgrade)

Alien: Isolation
(Beat it on XB1, but this had DLC for cheap)
MGS:V The Definitive Edition (DLC, though I'm sure I bought it before but never got pass a couple hours)
Dragon's Dogma, Again (Since I finally laid my Xbox 360 to rest)
WWE 2k22 (I bought both the PS4 AND PS5 version sepearately)
RE: Village
Saints Row 3rd Remaster
(Beat it a few times, but, I wanted to see what the upgrade was talking bout)
Ghosts of Tsusami

WWE 2k22
MLB: The Show
(both)
Horizon (didn't love it, but, it's the best game I've beat this year)
COD

Cyberpunk (It's getting a lot of fake love, they did the bare minimum to "improve" it and Reddit/Twitter slobs all over it), Saints Row (is the worst video game I played this year...legit a waste of time), NBA 2K22, I was fukking addicted to NBA 2k21 (PS4) and I when I finally got my PS5, the PS5 version was so great...I don't know what the fukk happened with NBA 2k22. Played it a lot but it was trash. EA really need to come back with Live.

What were your surprises. Did you take on any new genres?
MLB The Show

shyt legit got me following the league

I'm still casual, but, I understand the actual game so much more and watch YT videos on the history

I just STOPPED playing story games for some reason--for the most part.

:snoop: I'll never buy VC, again.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
These are the games I have beaten this year:

• Hajimari no Kiseki - Got back invested into the Trails series after being disapointed with the last 2 Cold Steel games. Really looking forward to playing the official localization in 2023.
  • Tales of Arise - Since I mainly have been playing JRPG's this was by far the best looking game I had played on my PS5 at this point. It was very enjoyable, gameplay and story had its issues. But still had fun here. Characters were great and the ending felt satisfying granted the villians issue is a big deal. Still lots of room to build upon this game.
  • Metroid Dread - Easily in the top 3 of switch games. If you haven't played it you are missing out big time.
  • SMT Nocturne - First time running through. Gameplay wise def feels outdated. And considering how OP physical attacks are on this game, difficulty felt underwhelming then what I was expecting. Characters and story were really interesting to me. Character's motivations is really nice here and that alone makes it worth to play even with the shytty remaster it got.
  • SMT V - First SMT game on hard. From a gameplay experience it was amazing. It constantly kept me on my toes. Story and characters unlike nocturne were forgettable. They really botched the true ending in this one.
  • XC DE NG+
  • XC 2 NG +
  • XC 2 Torna NG+
  • Nier Replicant - Personally my favorite of the two NieR games. Some of the characters and writing I have played alongside the Witcher 3. A and B endings was an astonishing experience. I do admit getting the rest of the endings was a lil too grindy since the reward for C+D felt meh outside of the actual endings themselves since you had to replay it. E ending takes too long until you get control of Kaine
  • Nier Automata - Honestly I went from liking the game in my first playthrough to loving it in my 2nd. Everything just clicked, all the themes hit like a truck this time around. Also the carryover from Replicant magnified that even more.
  • Kuro no Kiseki - Honestly in my top 3 games in the series.(Alongside Azure and Sky 3rd). This game fixed basically all the issues I had with the Cold Steel saga. Great protagonist, charcters, story and world building.
  • XC 3 - Honestly it felt more standalone then I would have liked and the villians felt meh. But beyond very captivating story. Awesome characters, the whole party feels fleshed out plus the heroes get good amount of screentime if you do their side quests. Some of my favorite gameplay out of JRPG as of late. Once all the options were opened for me, I had to keep experimenting.
Really happy with all the games I ended up playing overall, I would say. 2023 looks to be amazing.

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans --> Las Vegas
Link to 2021's thread

Same as last year

What did you get this year? What were your favorite games? What were your disappointments? What were your surprises. Did you take on any new genres? Did some genres pass you by? I'll be back later with some pics and comments

Only bought a small handful of games, as I've been trying to get through my backlog these past couple of years. I only bought Elden Ring, Horizon Forbidden West, Kena Bridge of Spirits (steam), Unsighted, Olli Olli World, Death's Gambit: Afterlife, and a couple DLC pieces for a few games. As for hardware, I bought a Steam Deck, and a Gulikit King Kong Pro 2 controller.

Favorite games? Elden Ring and Vampire Survivors.

Disappointments? WW3's huge delay, losing pretty much all momentum and hype from BF2042's fukk up. Bloodborne not getting a 60fps patch or a remaster announcement. River City Girls 2 launching in a semi-broken state.

Surprises? Vampire Survivors. Most addicting games I've played in awhile.

Full list of everything I've beaten this year:
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End PlayStation 5Dec 17, 2022
Firewatch Xbox OneDec 15, 2022
God of War (2018) PlayStation 4Dec 03, 2022
The Last of Us: Part II PlayStation 4Nov 12, 2022
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Blade Wolf Xbox 360Oct 11, 2022
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Xbox 360Oct 10, 2022
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Jetstream Xbox 360Oct 10, 2022
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge Xbox OneOct 09, 2022
Twelve Minutes Xbox OneAug 31, 2022
Ratchet & Clank (2016) PlayStation 4Aug 10, 2022
inFAMOUS: Second Son PlayStation 4Aug 04, 2022
Wolfenstein: The New Order Xbox OneAug 03, 2022
Dead Rising: Case Zero Xbox 360Jul 30, 2022
Battlefield Hardline Xbox OneJul 16, 2022
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Xbox OneJul 08, 2022
Astro's Playroom PlayStation 5Jul 05, 2022
Zero Time Dilemma PlayStation VitaJun 25, 2022
Assassin's Creed Origins Xbox OneJun 17, 2022
Hollow Knight PCMay 20, 2022
Distance PCMay 19, 2022
SUPERHOT PCMay 17, 2022
Guns, Gore & Cannoli PCMay 13, 2022
Fight'N Rage PCMay 06, 2022
Charlie Murder Xbox 360Apr 23, 2022
Streets of Rage 4 Xbox OneApr 19, 2022

Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds PlayStation 4
Feb 04, 2022
Jan 26, 2022
Inside PCJan 15, 2022
Horizon Zero Dawn PlayStation 4Jan 10, 2022

Last edited:

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
this is more a list of what i played this year as some games came out before 2022

• Colisito protocol
  • Sniper Elite 4
  • Assassin's Creed Valhalla
  • Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Fortnite
  • The last of us pt1 - they really could have done more to this game .. adding prone , new weapons, the dodge and counter would make this a much richer experience.
  • Evil Dead : The Game - feels cheap and stiff - i am glad ash is in fortnite.
  • Shenmue III -Terrible, how could the guy who made this game think this was a good idea?
  • Plague Tale Requiem - it feels like all the worst aspects of triple A games and ps1 style play.
  • Cobra Kai : Dojo rising - this feels like those fake games people play on old tv shows ... abysmal.
What were your surprises?
  • Colisito protocol - is the perfect execution of those old ps1/ps2 horror games. It is my fav experience I have had with a game since I bought my ps5.
  • Sniper Elite 4 - this game has everything i love about metal gear - minus the silly anime tropes.
  • TOEM - it the perfect tribute to pokemon that is nothing like pokemon
  • A WAY OUT- this is the most complicated game me and my wife have ever played and it been a lot of fun.

• Cooperative play and battle royal.. it can be fun to work with someone and play together; kids are way less angry then my generation was on the 360 and ps3;

• i played almost every style game i could find, and tried a lot of game off ps plus. don't like strategy games at all still

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
feel like this year was just Elden Ring and a whole bunch of 7s. Worth it though as Elden Ring was a game of the generation. Other games kept my interest well enough but i didnt buy many day one games. Looking forward to next year.