The banned "Dead Loop" of Olga Korbut, 1972. It was the first and last time the trick was documented.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
It was deemed too dangerous to encourage athletes to attempt

But I think in reality gymnastics in general does stuff like that to keep the playing field level. They love Simone Biles but they would prefer not to have someone like her who is universally dominant. That move came at a time where the soviets were starting to really change the game.

Last edited:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I always wonder how does a move get banned. shyt is dumb

nah you can die doing some of this stuff. You dont want to have that on your hands.

Seeing as how almost every gymnast fell off the balance beam in this olympics, and half of them fell of the uneven bars, I guarantee you 90% would have been injured by this move.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It was deemed too dangerous to encourage athletes to attempt

But I think in reality gymnastics in general does stuff like that to keep the playing field level. They love Simone Biles but they would prefer not to have someone like her who is universally dominant. That move came at a time where the soviets were starting to really change the game.

They had to give up when it came to Simone Biles though... her floor routine for example is pretty much a full point difficulty higher than the next best person. She only finishes 2nd or 3rd on Floor when she had a bad landing/steps out of bounds which happens sometimes but not often...

And even then the other gymnasts need to be perfect damn near to catch her

macadomusic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah you can die doing some of this stuff. You dont want to have that on your hands.

Seeing as how almost every gymnast fell off the balance beam in this olympics, and half of them fell of the uneven bars, I guarantee you 90% would have been injured by this move.

Eight. Imo . Gymnastics is dangerous in general. Balance beam. Un even bars , the rings , all that shyt is Hella dangerous. Especially seeing it in person .

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
I can see why they banned this shyt after watching this.

fukk that. :huhldup:

Let's me know that she sucks and that's why she not on the team......the real good gymnasts probably meet in underground meet ups and do all the forbidden shyt .......a gymnastics blood sport if you will........blindfolded balance beams typ shyt