The Ballad of Buster Scruggs 6-Part Anthology | Official Trailer (Netflix, 11/16, Coen Brothers)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This is getting great reviews, but I personally don't llike their goofier films as much.

Still streaming that weekend though.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
the gun spinning!
:dwillhuh:

giphy.gif

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
This is getting great reviews, but I personally don't llike their goofier films as much.

2 of them are pretty dark with not much comedy. Well maybe 2 and a half kinda. But the comedy is very solid in this

I’d say only the first one has the really really goofy moments but it’s kinda just really well done slapstick and some solid dark comedy. Anyone who enjoys the Coen bros should check this out.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I liked it a lot, might be one of my favorites of this year in fact, my only complaint would be that not all the stories felt like they needed to be the same length. The third story especially felt like it would have worked better as a short interlude. I also think that putting the two most comedic stories first kinda sets the tone wrong for the rest of the stories. While they all have some (dark) humor in them, the tonal shift wouldn't be felt if they had put the stories in a different order but that's not a serious issue.

Just watched this last night. Goddamn feel like it came out of nowhere. shyt was very very very good. I personally rank the stories in order of 1, 5, 2, 4, 3, 6. Enjoyed them all though. 3’s ending had me like :wow:

Switch 3 and 6 and that's my ranking. Regardless this one anthology movie captures every style the Coen brothers are known for, it's a movie that perfectly sums up the versatility of their career.

Kuro

Tru grit
Daps
2nd best netflix movie ever...beast of no nation is the best netflix movie ever and was the best movie of the year it was released...

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
This is getting great reviews, but I personally don't like their goofier films as much.

The first story is really the only one that could really be described as goofy.

The tone ramps up considerably and it becomes a powerful marathon of an emotional and philosophical work out.

I don't think I could watch the entire 6 part anthology again outside of the Buster Scruggs beginning. It's exceptional film however, I'm way too empathetic to characters in order to watch it again without damaging my mental health.

Wow is all I can say.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I’m used to watching anthologies that are mostly horror. I quite enjoyed this :ehh: Each short for me varied wildly, I enjoyed the earlier entries more than the later ones, but enjoyed the different tone, look, and feel of each individual one. The cinematography especially in All Gold Canyon was :wow:
I’d go 4, 1, 2, 5, 3, 6 for my ranking. 5 kinda lost me a bit but made up for it at the end.