The Ancients cutscene in FF7 Remake was mind blowing

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Its seems so weird to me that we never really learned what pre-mako energy-ancient life was like on earth in the original game or any of the spinoffs. Unless i missed something this is our first time really seeing them, thats a pretty big deal that im surprised a lot of people didn’t talk about.

This is Square Enix at its finest

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Man I'm feeling for part 2 where we meet the rest of the team...SQUARE put their fukking foot and the entire sink in this remake. And it was worth the wait. I'm mad it ended so abruptly...:manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Man I'm feeling for part 2 where we meet the rest of the team...SQUARE put their fukking foot and the entire sink in this remake. And it was worth the wait. I'm mad it ended so abruptly...:manny:

Its gonna be quite the task to play through the entire remake series by the time they’re done. Hopefully part 2 and part 3 are being worked on at the same time

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Its gonna be quite the task to play through the entire remake series by the time they’re done. Hopefully part 2 and part 3 are being worked on at the same time

I want them to take their fukking time... :heh: don't rush nothing!!!

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Will easily be my GOAT game if the sequels hold up (OG is still my GOAT). The lore of the ancients was known, mostly from the OG but partially from the ultimanias.

The visuals were completely new, but this is Shinra's take on what the ancients were like so take it with a grain of salt. They need to convince the populace/their employees that what Shinra is doing is all worth it and not destructive. The ancients were portrayed as an idyllic society, which is probably not the case since Jenova was able to turn them against each other in quite a short period of time (before Shiva froze her).

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Will easily be my GOAT game if the sequels hold up (OG is still my GOAT). The lore of the ancients was known, mostly from the OG but partially from the ultimanias.

The visuals were completely new, but this is Shinra's take on what the ancients were like so take it with a grain of salt. They need to convince the populace/their employees that what Shinra is doing is all worth it and not destructive. The ancients were portrayed as an idyllic society, which is probably not the case since Jenova was able to turn them against each other in quite a short period of time (before Shiva froze her).

I wonder if we’ll get the real vision once we get to the Temple of The Ancients in the next game?

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I wonder if we’ll get the real vision once we get to the Temple of The Ancients in the next game?

Breh just thinking about the remade Temple of the Ancients has me :wow:

I think we'll get huge Ancients-lore dumps in:

- Cosmo Canyon (Bugenhagen)
- Temple of the Ancients
- Forgotten Capital
- Icicle Inn (the Ifalna tapes)