The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

Reign X

Pro
Daps
Worst case, moass takes really long or doesn’t happen. But as people continue holding and business gets better for Gme and amc, price goes up anyway. If market tanks just keep holding. Everyone in retail can win, if they choose to.

and business is improving for amc, this article doesn’t even get into popcorn sales which has big markups. Accepting crypto shows willingness to listen to investors. AMC Is Set to Return to Free Cash Flow Profitability, Could Rise to $52 — Entrepreneur

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Worst case, moass takes really long or doesn’t happen. But as people continue holding and business gets better for Gme and amc, price goes up anyway. If market tanks just keep holding. Everyone in retail can win, if they choose to.

and business is improving for amc, this article doesn’t even get into popcorn sales which has big markups. Accepting crypto shows willingness to listen to investors. AMC Is Set to Return to Free Cash Flow Profitability, Could Rise to $52 — Entrepreneur
Rented out a theater to show support this weekend. Should be pretty nice day out with my family :ehh:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

The only reason most of us are invested is mosss no moass we would be elsewhere…if I’m going to invest in a good company it’s many others we should probably look towards investing in…If it isn’t talk of squeezing people will be gone…so we have to push moass and hope for it otherwise we all should of bailed a while back…so I’m all for what will push moass if I was told that moass was not occurring I’d just dump the funds into apple or something else.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Heard Cohodes say that Aron told him to fall back regarding NFTs...
Lawyers told him :whoa:

can’t be taking to investors about manipulating the stock price.

Doesn’t mean it will never happen. Just means they can’t talk about it in the way they have been.

Daps
The only reason most of us are invested is mosss no moass we would be elsewhere…if I’m going to invest in a good company it’s many others we should probably look towards investing in…If it isn’t talk of squeezing people will be gone…so we have to push moass and hope for it otherwise we all should of bailed a while back…so I’m all for what will push moass if I was told that moass was not occurring I’d just dump the funds into apple or something else.
Yeah, no shade to AMC, but I don’t give a fukk about how well it does. I’m here for the squeeze. If it doesn’t happen soon, people are going to bail. Simple as that. I didn’t endure the emotional and mental abuse this year long ordeal has become to be satisfied with a $52 share price. fukkouttahere here with that.

:francis:

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX
Look at the current short interest:

AMC Entertainment Holdings, NYSE:AMC | Short Interest | Flagged Changes | Largest Shorts | Cost To Borrow - ORTEX

Then look how many shares owned by Blackrock, Vanguard and State Street:

https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/amc/institutional-holdings

Now Do the math.

Retail owned 80% in Q2 and its now down to 70%.

How is the MOASS mathematically possible when 3 hedgies just happen to control a larger number of shares than the number of shares shorted?

Given these facts, explain how apes set the price if the shorts cover without resorting to reddit rhetoric, name-calling or schoolyard fallacies
:lupe:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Look at the current short interest:

AMC Entertainment Holdings, NYSE:AMC | Short Interest | Flagged Changes | Largest Shorts | Cost To Borrow - ORTEX

Then look how many shares owned by Blackrock, Vanguard and State Street:

https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/amc/institutional-holdings

Now Do the math.

Retail owned 80% in Q2 and its now down to 70%.

How is the MOASS mathematically possible when 3 hedgies just happen to control a larger number of shares than the number of shares shorted?

Given these facts, explain how apes set the price if the shorts cover without resorting to reddit rhetoric, name-calling or schoolyard fallacies
:lupe:
First off, hedge funds owning shares doesn’t negate a squeeze possibility. That’s a false premise you are working with and I’m not sure where you got that from.

Second, that exchange reported number is very much on the lower end of what the short interest could actually be. Ortex only gets data from 80% of institutions and even then it’s self reported and known to be a lowball, and that’s without even talking about naked shorts that undoubtedly are a part of this.

Lastly in the event of a squeeze it won’t be just Short sellers trying to buy shares. There will be a huge wave of Fomo buying that will drive the price up and force more shorts out of their positions.

We have seen small events of 5 maybe 10 million shares being covered and the price is affected greatly cause people are holding. Having a larger portion of those ~100 million shorts covering in a short time would undoubtedly push the price up to great heights.