The After Earth hate shows what happens when a brother overreaches himself in America

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
The movie isn't bad at all.
Its not particularly great either, but the hate people are throwing its way is totally unfounded.

Its just an average lost in hostile world flick, only with one brother the world loves, and his son who America decided it hates.

The acting is fine, if anything Will was stiff, not the boy.

The only issue i got with it was the spotty cg in a few spots.

Will, white people have decided that its you they love....they won't love your son.
You giving him these chances that those other white superstars give their kids isn't cool with the general populace.
So you gotta change the dudes route to fame/fortune.
Send that ninja to school faraway from the media, then have him change his name to something like Israel Copva and have him be in Tyler Perry flicks for a few years, and then spring him back into the big time.

Sorry man....you thought you'd be :win:

but the reality is more like :sadcam:

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
it's a ridiculous, half ass, self-absorbed, heavy handed Scientology-themed shyt-fest that only exists because of the strength and credibility of Will Smith's name in the industry

it doesn't have shyt to do with white America turning on him or his fakkit son, even though they should after this awful fukking movie

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just watched After Earth, no where near the 11% rotten tomatoes score...

makes you wonder what exactly was the reason for the hate...is it because they expected better from Will Smith, the neoptism, or is it racism (I hate to come to that conclusion but watching it with a subjective eye and going by the scores, you can't rule it out)

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Will, white people have decided that its you they love....they won't love your son.

Pursuit of Happyness made 307M

Karate Kid made 359M

Jaden got older, people didn't like his acting in AE so people criticized him for it.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I watched it last week. I liked it. I heard people saying how horrible Jaden was. Didn't bother me.

JOHN.KOOL

Manchester United/Atletico Madrid
Daps
Reppin
NULL

makes you wonder what exactly was the reason for the hate...is it because they expected better from Will Smith, the neoptism, or is it racism (I hate to come to that conclusion but watching it with a subjective eye and going by the scores, you can't rule it out)

That would hold true if everyone who hated the film was white but thats not the case.Theres enough black people who think the film is trash. me being one of them. Maybe these people hated the film not because of racism but because of the same reason that i and other black men and women dislike the film. That is of course unless you suggest that i am an uncle tom

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps

Forget 11%...Would you say its a good movie? Is this something you tell other people to go see?

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That would hold true if everyone who hated the film was white but thats not the case.Theres enough black people who think the film is trash. me being one of them. Maybe these people hated the film not because of racism but because of the same reason that i and other black men and women dislike the film. That is of course unless you suggest that i am an uncle tom
11% is not a fair score however, you can dislike it but giving it a below average score is something else. THe grading scale seems to be different and I'm curious why? You're speaking without any specifics,. I'm quoting the 11% online score...I didn't take a hood poll however.

I would tell people to go see it, it's not your typical action flick obviously and it could have been more casual fan friendly but it's a solid movie...I've seen worse with wayyyy better scores. 11% means 1 out of 10 people thought it was okay. Cmon fam!