The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

Red Money

All Star
Daps
you just be saying anything :heh:

Stover was never a long distance kicker

He hit a total of 13 FGs from 50+ yards in his 19 year career

Tucker has 58 :comeon:

I didn't check the stats on distances. I just remember Stover being automatic by the mid 2000s. :yeshrug:

Red Money

All Star
Daps
It just makes no sense to me that they’d fire a coach known for offense who always seemed to overachieve relative to the lack of talent he had on offense and then drafted a talented quarterback right after firing him and didn’t just promote their defensive coordinator the whole defense liked playing for who’d been there for a decade and brought the exact sort of attitude the team needed to play with. Imagine what Billick or Rex could’ve gotten out of Joe and Lamar, especially Billick. He’s famously on record saying he hated winning the way he had to with this team but since it was clear it was what they were capable of he went and embraced it.

Cam was probably the single worst play caller I’ve ever seen. He single handed cost them the games in 2010 vs New England and Pittsburgh that would’ve gotten them the 1 seed instead of the 5 seed. To this day I can’t wrap my mind around why they hired him coming off a 1-15 year that opened 0-14. It was an even worse hiring than Marc Trestman who they raced to hire after the bears fired him after back to back disastrous seasons. Who the hell else jumps to hire a guy who crashed and burned with the bears? Kyle Shanahan is also the guy who called 5 runs the rest of the way in Super Bowl 51 after Atlanta went up 28-3 :huhldup:. Harbaugh is still shyt at picking his staff though. The players had to convince him to not fire Rex and I think he didn’t get along with him anyway. He also didn’t get along with Pagano to my knowledge but spent all 6 years he was here mindlessly defending pees as the DC. How does he get through day to day life being this clueless?

Yeah, Cam was bad a play calling, but his plays worked.

Jim Caldwell didn't change the offense at all....he just called it better, lol.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
2-12 on challenges since 2022.

Yeah, Cam was bad a play calling, but his plays worked.

Jim Caldwell didn't change the offense at all....he just called it better, lol.
Caldwell is hard to judge for me. The sample size was tiny and Joe got unsustainably hot for the 2012 playoffs and there was a serious lack of talent in 2013. They lost their center and left tackle while the team traded away their top receiver for a 6th round pick and their top tight end was out with a broken hip and the like wasn’t just bad in pass protection allowing nearly 50 sacks on the year, but they graded out as the worst run blocking unit since the AFL/NFL merger. I think something like 25% of their runs saw the ball carrier get hit behind the line of scrimmage and 40% of their runs went for 2 yards or less. Still, trying to run out of the pistol all the time with a line that bad wasn’t helping them.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
No stand out like a da ante Adams or Justin Jefferson but let’s not act like it’s the panthers
It’s debatable

Flowers,Bateman,Agholor,Tylan Wallace

vs

Diontae Johnson,Adam Thielen,Xavier Legette,Jonathan Mingo

both are bottom 5 receiving cores

Last edited:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'd be surprised if any of our receivers were still with the team in 3 years. Zay might be gone this off season :francis:
No guarantee anyone will be here next season that’s here now. Since 2018 they’re 32nd in the league in money spent at the wide receiver position. Complete malpractice from the organization to draft a quarterback, ask him every week for 7 years straight to save them, and then not invest at the position that’ll help him the most outside of the offensive line.