The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Who do you hold accountable for this ravens lost #NFL

outside of those last couple of passes in OT when they should've just ran it to get the field goal, not lamar. Probably Harbaugh with the play calling and Monken who is still new and dealing with 2nd and 3rd string players when their starters are out. That being said they keep trying to reinvent the wheel instead of just keeping it simple.

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
outside of those last couple of passes in OT when they should've just ran it to get the field goal, not lamar. Probably Harbaugh with the play calling and Monken who is still new and dealing with 2nd and 3rd string players when their starters are out. That being said they keep trying to reinvent the wheel instead of just keeping it simple.

Exactly before gus got hurt we should have been feeding him, I swear this coaching try to win games in a certain fashion to just stick with what’s working and getting the easy win

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Exactly before gus got hurt we should have been feeding him, I swear this coaching try to win games in a certain fashion to just stick with what’s working and getting the easy win
Reminds me of Brian Cashman building a slow, strikeout prone, and all right handed batting order with a lot of players playing the field out of position just to prove he’s smarter than anyone else while every championship team in franchise history has had its batting order full of lefties and then taking no accountability when it burns him every year.

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
Harbaugh keep having them conversations and Bisciotti keep giving him an out. The out being, hire new coordinators, but the coordinators aren't the only problem.

I don't understand how Harbaugh continues to mismanage the clock so poorly. I could see if he did it early in his career, but he has consistently mismanaged the clock in critical situations.

Don’t worry bro it’s all coming to a end soon anything less than a superbowl this year and he’s gone biscotti bet not give him a contract extension this offseason

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Don’t worry bro it’s all coming to a end soon anything less than a superbowl this year and he’s gone biscotti bet not give him a contract extension this offseason
Another thing to note from my last post. On top of just 2 division titles & 2 playoff wins in the past 10 years with just 1 in the past 8 and no trips beyond the divisional round, there’s another big issue. They’ve missed the playoffs 5 times in that span and each time it’s because they blew a bunch of close games they should’ve won and in those games they regularly made a ton of self inflicted mistakes. This applies double to their 2014 divisional round loss to the pats where they blew a 14 point second half lead twice.

2013: one of the worst offenses in ravens history still manages to get out to an 8-6 record through 14 games only to get blown out back to back weeks to miss the playoffs.

2014: Offense has solid numbers but is not consistent from week to week and the defense leads the league in blown 4th quarter leads. They need help in week 17 to reach the playoffs. Lost I think twice to Cincinnati because their idiot DC kept assigning their worst corners to guard AJ Green in key moments of the game. Left Matt Elam in the lineup most of the year even as he led the league in blown coverages and missed tackles, one of which was on 2nd and 10 at the line of scrimmage on a screen pass in the divisional round vs New England on a play where the pats scored a touchdown. New England went 14-19 for 220 yards and 2 touchdowns when throwing at rashaan Melvin and the coaching staff never sent him help or took him off the field.

2015: Awful all around and should’ve been when they cleaned house, but like the Yankees do, they used injuries as an excuse even though the season was obviously lost before the injury (Flacco) that definitively ended the season. Harbaugh also spent the whole year lying to the press about the severity of rookie first round pick Breshad Perriman’s knee injury that cost him the entire season, throwing him under the bus in the process.

2016: They didn’t impress at any point during the year, but like the modern Yankees, they hover just close enough to a playoff spot for ownership and management to stay the course even as there are major foundational issues. The most egregious example of Harbaugh’s issues surface in back to back weeks they lost to Oakland and Washington when Harbaugh took a penalty on 3rd down when the defense got the stop in field goal range only for Washington and Oakland to both get the first down on the next play and then a touchdown on said drive in games where they lost by less than 5 points. Of course there’s also the defense folding with the season on the line in week 16 vs Pittsburgh. If Harbaugh declines those penalties in the games vs Oakland and Washington, Baltimore wins the north. Instead they spent the postseason at home. Of course he also defended and doubled down on taking said penalties even as it backfired right away.

2017: never separated themselves from the pack, Flacco looked totally washed up. They win 5 of 6 late in the year only to lose in week 17 on a 4th and 10 at the 50 yard line at home where the defense gives up a 50 yard touchdown with 44 seconds left to a 7-9 Cincinnati team to miss the playoffs.

How he survived that 5 year stretch still makes no sense. The high point of that run is blowing a pair of 14 point leads to the pats in the divisional round because they never took the 2 worst defensive backs in the league off the field and never adjusted to the pats throwing the ball on literally every play of the second half.

Last edited:

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Another thing to note from my last post. On top of just 2 division titles & 2 playoff wins in the past 10 years with just 1 in the past 8 and no trips beyond the divisional round, there’s another big issue. They’ve missed the playoffs 5 times in that span and each time it’s because they blew a bunch of close games they should’ve won and in those games they regularly made a ton of self inflicted mistakes. This applies double to their 2014 divisional round loss to the pats where they blew a 14 point second half lead twice.

2013: one of the worst offenses in ravens history still manages to get out to an 8-6 record through 14 games only to get blown out back to back weeks to miss the playoffs.

2014: Offense has solid numbers but is not consistent from week to week and the defense leads the league in blown 4th quarter leads. They need help in week 17 to reach the playoffs. Lost I think twice to Cincinnati because their idiot DC kept assigning their worst corners to guard AJ Green in key moments of the game. Left Matt Elam in the lineup most of the year even as he led the league in blown coverages and missed tackles, one of which was on 2nd and 10 at the line of scrimmage on a screen pass in the divisional round vs New England on a play where the pats scored a touchdown. New England went 14-19 for 220 yards and 2 touchdowns when throwing at rashaan Melvin and the coaching staff never sent him help or took him off the field.

2015: Awful all around and should’ve been when they cleaned house, but like the Yankees do, they used injuries as an excuse even though the season was obviously lost before the injury (Flacco) that definitively ended the season. Harbaugh also spent the whole year lying to the press about the severity of rookie first round pick Breshad Perriman’s knee injury that cost him the entire season, throwing him under the bus in the process.

2016: They didn’t impress at any point during the year, but like the modern Yankees, they hover just close enough to a playoff spot for ownership and management to stay the course even as there are major foundational issues. The most egregious example of Harbaugh’s issues surface in back to back weeks they lost to Oakland and Washington when Harbaugh took a penalty on 3rd down when the defense got the stop in field goal range only for Washington and Oakland to both get the first down on the next play and then a touchdown on said drive in games where they lost by less than 5 points. Of course there’s also the defense folding with the season on the line in week 16 vs Pittsburgh. If Harbaugh declines those penalties in the games vs Oakland and Washington, Baltimore wins the north. Instead they spent the postseason at home. Of course he also defended and doubled down on taking said penalties even as it backfired right away.

2017: never separated themselves from the pack, Flacco looked totally washed up. They win 5 of 6 late in the year only to lose in week 17 on a 4th and 10 at the 50 yard line at home where the defense gives up a 50 yard touchdown with 44 seconds left to a 7-9 Cincinnati team to miss the playoffs.

How he survived that 5 year stretch still makes no sense. The high point of that run is blowing a pair of 14 point leads to the pats in the divisional round because they never took the 2 worst defensive backs in the league off the field and never adjusted to the pats throwing the ball on literally every play of the second half.

Yeah, you went back with this, but everything you typed should've resulted in Harbaugh being removed. Lamar is the best thing to happen to that bumbling idiot. I've been hearing it on the radio all week. People are fed up with Harbaugh and it's not just the callers. Rob even spoke up when the white boys went to bat for Harbaugh trying to say he took blame for the loss. During his press conference, like always, he uses "we" a lot as to not carry all the blame. No good leader does that and a HC should never be afraid of accountability for obvious reasons.

Biscotti wants to have longevity in the coaching staff like the Squealers, but he picked the wrong guy to do it with. Something also tells me that Biscotti is to arrogant and stubborn to admit he made a mistake, much like Harbaugh,. Unfortunately for us, Biscotti's hand might have to be forced for a coaching change to happen. Harbaugh would have to drive a school bus full of children into a burning building or some crazy shyt like that to get fired.

We got a better chance of Harbaugh resigning than being fired.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yeah, you went back with this, but everything you typed should've resulted in Harbaugh being removed. Lamar is the best thing to happen to that bumbling idiot. I've been hearing it on the radio all week. People are fed up with Harbaugh and it's not just the callers. Rob even spoke up when the white boys went to bat for Harbaugh trying to say he took blame for the loss. During his press conference, like always, he uses "we" a lot as to not carry all the blame. No good leader does that and a HC should never be afraid of accountability for obvious reasons.

Biscotti wants to have longevity in the coaching staff like the Squealers, but he picked the wrong guy to do it with. Something also tells me that Biscotti is to arrogant and stubborn to admit he made a mistake, much like Harbaugh,. Unfortunately for us, Biscotti's hand might have to be forced for a coaching change to happen. Harbaugh would have to drive a school bus full of children into a burning building or some crazy shyt like that to get fired.

We got a better chance of Harbaugh resigning than being fired.
The silver lining is it’s not like the Yankees (yeah I know there’s a lot of baseball comparisons here, but I can’t think of a good football comparison) where Cashman has turned the culture toxic so Hal Steinbrenner really has to step in and officially fire him to send a message to the rest of the organization that the standard needs to be better than what things have been. The structural nature of the nfl doesn’t allow teams to stagnate the way baseball teams do, so if Harbaugh were to “step down” for whatever reason, the next coach would likely clean out any bad assistants and bring in his own guys to hit the reset button and things would likely change the way they need to. It’s not like things are rotten from top to bottom.

The whole “we did this” or “we didn’t do that” and “oh it was like a heavyweight fight and they just made a few more plays than we did” is the exact same shyt cashman does by calling the postseason “a crapshoot” when Tampa, Boston, or Houston knock them out every fall. its rubbed me the wrong way since I first heard him do it. I'm out of market though. Who is the Rob in question?

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
It's early and I think we are overreacting a bit, even tho the griveances people have, have merit, shyt hasn't changed that much in a couple of years. That being said I agree with Stephen A. on this and the deciding factor is Kyle Shanahan.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
It's early and I think we are overreacting a bit, even tho the griveances people have, have merit, shyt hasn't changed that much in a couple of years. That being said I agree with Stephen A. on this and the deciding factor is Kyle Shanahan.

Nah the injury problem has been a concern for way too long. There is no overacting to that. Management and coaching staff are either idiotic or they are ok with what is being done to cause our players to miss so much time. Neither is good and its time to clean house imo.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Nah the injury problem has been a concern for way too long. There is no overacting to that. Management and coaching staff are either idiotic or they are ok with what is being done to cause our players to miss so much time. Neither is good and its time to clean house imo.
speaking more to the coaching, when lamar went down last year they should've hired a whole new S&C staff.