The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I really like Flowers energy and play making ability so far. I didn't like the pick because their CB position has been neglected long enough and Marlo is really outmatched most Sundays IMO. However, if Flowers can stay healthy, he seems like he's going to be one of, if not the best WR they've ever drafted. Took them long enough to get it right.

I got a feeling they are going to put up a lot of points offensively, but just like in seasons prior, the defense (secondary and lack of pass rush) is going to cost them games.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
They cut Ben Mason too, but we know they're bringing him back to the practice squad.
dont really see the point

from what I saw in the preseason they are fazing out the FB position so no reason to waste a practice squad spot on one when you barely even use the one on your 53 man roster

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
dont really see the point

from what I saw in the preseason they are fazing out the FB position so no reason to waste a practice squad spot on one when you barely even use the one on your 53 man roster
That's true, but Harbaugh be on some weird stuff.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

couple surprises with Malik Hamm and Arthur Maulet making the 53

surprised they kept Maulet over Kyu Kelly

Maulet is a vet so he can’t be claimed

Could’ve cut him and just signed him back in a couple days when Pepe and whoever else is hurt gets IR’d

Im glad Keaton Mitchell made it tho

somebody would’ve definitely claimed him if they cut him

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
I really like Flowers energy and play making ability so far. I didn't like the pick because their CB position has been neglected long enough and Marlo is really outmatched most Sundays IMO. However, if Flowers can stay healthy, he seems like he's going to be one of, if not the best WR they've ever drafted. Took them long enough to get it right.

I got a feeling they are going to put up a lot of points offensively, but just like in seasons prior, the defense (secondary and lack of pass rush) is going to cost them games.

I’m saying they have to put up at least 35 a game with this secondary

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I’m saying they have to put up at least 35 a game with this secondary
Exactly. If Lamar ain't balling like 2019, they goin be hurting because of the defense. The LBs and safeties the strongest positions of the defense.

I can see them playing a lot of zone to let the safeties help these suspect ass corners out until Humphrey gets back. Either that or they go back to dumbass Wink's defense of cover 0 and blitzing hoping they can get a sack or force a turnover before the corners give up a touchdown. They gotta blitz though because the pass rush just not producing pressure or sacks.

I heard Ojabo can't set the edge in the run game, so he's just going to be a situational pass rusher for now while Clowney gets the start or plays more on obvious running downs.

Oweh is just inconsistent and doesn't push the pocket.

They gotta scheme stuff up this. The dline doesn't have a Batman. Just a bunch of Robin's that need to rely on scheme for pressure/sacks.

I hope I'm wrong and someone gets like 15+ sacks, but I don't think that guy is on the roster yet.