The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
NFL Draft 2023 prospect Daiyan Henley has found home at linebacker

you think we will sign? I think it's a strong possibility BUT it would smarter to get a damn WR

@Shamayw_33 @STAN JONES @mr heyzel

They need to get a CB or OT with that 1st pick. If they can trade back because the top 5 CBs are gone and get a 2nd, I'd prefer another pass rusher.

The 49ers and Eagles formula has proven success. Get consistent pressure with 4 and you will be a formidable defense in today's NFL.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
They need to get a CB or OT with that 1st pick. If they can trade back because the top 5 CBs are gone and get a 2nd, I'd prefer another pass rusher.

The 49ers and Eagles formula has proven success. Get consistent pressure with 4 and you will be a formidable defense in today's NFL.
I really don’t see the logic in drafting a CB in round 1

everyone agrees its deepest position in this years class

There are gonna be better CBs on the board in round 3 than WRs

I personally want a receiver but I wouldn’t be mad at oline or dline

drafting a CB would be a typical Ravens move and the wrong move IMO

you don’t have to fill every hole that pops up on defense with a top pick or high priced free agent

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I really don’t see the logic in drafting a CB in round 1

everyone agrees its deepest position in this years class

There are gonna be better CBs on the board in round 3 than WRs

I personally want a receiver but I wouldn’t be mad at oline or dline

drafting a CB would be a typical Ravens move and the wrong move IMO

you don’t have to fill every hole that pops up on defense with a top pick or high priced free agent
CB is very deep, but I would argue the Ravens have struggled developing the position over the past couple years. Those late round guys usually have 2 or more things in their toolkit that needs work. Marlon had a few, but his major issue is still an issue. Marlon still has issues defending the deep ball. Shyt, IMO he's even regressed as a corner because he struggles when asked to play the perimeter. He was supposed to be able to play the perimter at an elite level because of his speed.

I think they need to get a legit outside corner that will scare opposing QBs. If they can get a guy like that and the defense can take a huge step forward with like 40+ sacks on the season, they will be playing deep into the playoffs. If they want the most out of Marcus Williams, Kyle Hamilton and the rest of the guys getting pressure on the QB, they need the corners to lock down for atleast 3-4 seconds. Marcus Williams was intercepting everything before he got injured. When he came back, Peters had been exposed and was hemorrhaging so bad, people would just pick on him which handicapped the defense.

I think the defense covets shut down corners because the pass rush isn't as dominant yet. The defense is unbalanced and out of sync right now. They're either locking receivers down and getting no pressure or getting pressure, but not covering.

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
Only thing about trading out of R1 is that we'd lose the 5th-year option. This FO's always valued team control.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a tradedown to around 30 or so, but I can't see us sitting the 1st day out.

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
take it with a grain of salt but I saw rumors that Lamar is gonna sign his contract soon

Lamar posted this right after the rumors leaked

again,take it with a grain of salt but I hope this whole contract saga is about to come to an end

So, once Lamar signs the contract, the Ravens will be able to legally trade him if they choose.

Let's hope that doesn't happen, but if it does, it's proof to me the Ravens were just experimenting with Greg Roman and Lamar and the experiment is over. Maybe Lamar was never in their long term plans.

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
CB is very deep, but I would argue the Ravens have struggled developing the position over the past couple years. Those late round guys usually have 2 or more things in their toolkit that needs work. Marlon had a few, but his major issue is still an issue. Marlon still has issues defending the deep ball. Shyt, IMO he's even regressed as a corner because he struggles when asked to play the perimeter. He was supposed to be able to play the perimter at an elite level because of his speed.

I think they need to get a legit outside corner that will scare opposing QBs. If they can get a guy like that and the defense can take a huge step forward with like 40+ sacks on the season, they will be playing deep into the playoffs. If they want the most out of Marcus Williams, Kyle Hamilton and the rest of the guys getting pressure on the QB, they need the corners to lock down for atleast 3-4 seconds. Marcus Williams was intercepting everything before he got injured. When he came back, Peters had been exposed and was hemorrhaging so bad, people would just pick on him which handicapped the defense.

I think the defense covets shut down corners because the pass rush isn't as dominant yet. The defense is unbalanced and out of sync right now. They're either locking receivers down and getting no pressure or getting pressure, but not covering.

If that’s the case bro I rather go for a pass rusher than a cornerback, because that’s still a issue for this team

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
take it with a grain of salt but I saw rumors that Lamar is gonna sign his contract soon

Lamar posted this right after the rumors leaked

again,take it with a grain of salt but I hope this whole contract saga is about to come to an end

On the real I’m tired of this bs, they both need to work this shyt out, and have it where everyone save’s face