The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
even if you don’t wanna believe the 200 (or 175 which is the real number ) they still offered a full $23 million more guaranteed at signing a whole YEAR ago than Hurts got today. 133 vs 110. undisputed facts. I rock with Lamar like y’all but just call a spade a spade. he hunting for the watson contract and that is an OUTLIER!! point blank. Burrow ain’t getting it either . he just need to sign a deal and ball out. end of story,
if he was trying to get a fully guaranteed contract why would he leak o Stephen A that he wasnt looking for a fully guaranteed deal?

what sense would it make to leak that if he was really trying to get a fully guaranteed contract?

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
stop comparing apples to oranges . The reason the injury guarantee is basically automatic is because the ravens worded the langauge so that they would take a 70 million cap hit if he is cut prior to it kicking in. no team would take that big of a cap hit . as king as he doesn’t get shot or paralyzed in a car accident he would be getting the 175. Carr didn’t have that language which is why Vegas could just cut him, there was no downside to it .
well if you and the Ravens are so sure they wouldnt cut him and take the cap hit then just guarantee the 175 at signing...simple

its2late2hate

Rookie
Daps
if he was trying to get a fully guaranteed contract why would he leak o Stephen A that he wasnt looking for a fully guaranteed deal?

what sense would it make to leak that if he was really trying to get a fully guaranteed contract?
because he was getting the cold shoulder from all other teams in the league. DUH. use common sense. he wanted a fully guaranteed deal ...Ravens said "we aint doing it, but if you can find one out in the open market, bring it to us .....and guess what, it was CRICKETS!!! so obviously his camp leaked to SAS that ...no, no, we dont want a fully guarsanteed deal, to try and create a market and guess what, its still no market because the truth is he wanted a fully guaranteed deal. you can believe whatever you want but the proof is end the pudding. Once Burrow signs for a deal that is also a standard QB deal without completely fully guarantee, you will see what all objective ravens fans can see. Lamar played his hand wrong. just take a normal deal and tuck his tail between his legs.

its2late2hate

Rookie
Daps
well if you and the Ravens are so sure they wouldnt cut him and take the cap hit then just guarantee the 175 at signing...simple
if you knew how contracts work , you would know the injury guarantee portion allows teams to move money around and convert bonuses to manipulate the cap. look at Watson deal. The stupid browns had to restructure 9 months after signing and now he has a 64 million dollar cap hit. it kills team building. that is why they let clowney walk and was trying to trade kareem hunt.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
because he was getting the cold shoulder from all other teams in the league. DUH. use common sense. he wanted a fully guaranteed deal ...Ravens said "we aint doing it, but if you can find one out in the open market, bring it to us .....and guess what, it was CRICKETS!!! so obviously his camp leaked to SAS that ...no, no, we dont want a fully guarsanteed deal, to try and create a market and guess what, its still no market because the truth is he wanted a fully guaranteed deal. you can believe whatever you want but the proof is end the pudding. Once Burrow signs for a deal that is also a standard QB deal without completely fully guarantee, you will see what all objective ravens fans can see. Lamar played his hand wrong. just take a normal deal and tuck his tail between his legs.
ok lets just say what you're saying is true and he originally wanted a fully guaranteed deal but backed off once he saw there was no interest

why isnt he signed yet?

whats the hold up?

also the price will go up if Burrow gets signed before Lamar

the Ravens are the ones losing by playing this waiting game not Lamar

Last edited:

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Definitely played his hand wrong
He should have not played in the 2022 season before his contract
It was dumb
He actually had leverage at that point
Thought he was gonna ball out this season but ended up playing trash and getting injured which only made things worst for him
He should have known that when they franchised him at that point he would have no leverage

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
if you knew how contracts work , you would know the injury guarantee portion allows teams to move money around and convert bonuses to manipulate the cap. look at Watson deal. The stupid browns had to restructure 9 months after signing and now he has a 64 million dollar cap hit. it kills team building. that is why they let clowney walk and was trying to trade kareem hunt.
stop trying to play me like im some type of fool

you manipulate the cap by turning base salary into bonus money and spreading it out over multiple years to lower the cap number

that shyt has nothing to do with injury guaranteed

its2late2hate

Rookie
Daps
ok lets just say what you're saying is true and he originally wanted a fully guaranteed deal but backed off once he saw there was no interest

why isnt he signed yet?

whats the hold up?

also the price will go up if Burrow gets signed before Lamar

the Ravens are the ones losing by playing this waiting game not Lamar

to be honest, I think he aint signed cuz of Pride/Ego
Ravens offered the 2nd biggest contract in NFL history already...133 fully / 175 injury / and 250 total . (This was before Hurts deal of course)

Lamar is dug in because he thought he was getting the Watson joint. I dont blame him for asking , but once we see the Browns was just the one dumb team and everyone QB after Watson got normal deals (Kyler/Russ/Hurts) its time to swallow the pride. It seems like to save face, Lamar is making WR demands to EDC which would make sense cuz the Odell signing is very against what we have done in the past. So in Lamar's mind, if i cant demand the 230+ fully guaranteed deal he can somewhat save fave by demanding better weapons and then we he accepts a normal deal, it wont look like he completely folded. But that is just a guess, Lamar seems very principled on this . If he forces EDC to get Odell and maybe even Hopkins i am all for it. I just want him to sign.

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I can see DHop landing in Jacksonville.

The Ravens have been reluctant to pay FA WRs for years. The Beckham pick up was totally out of the norm for them. I think DHop is highly unlikely.

I mean, where are they getting the money? Unless they intentionally go over the "salary cap" They really don't get penalized for going over...its a soft cap.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I can see DHop landing in Jacksonville.

The Ravens have been reluctant to pay FA WRs for years. The Beckham pick up was totally out of the norm for them. I think DHop is highly unlikely.

I mean, where are they getting the money? Unless they intentionally go over the "salary cap" They really don't get penalized for going over...its a soft cap.
It’s several different ways they can do it

You can trade for him and extend him to lower his cap number,

you can wait till he gets cut and sign him and add void years like they did with Odell

You can do some restructures to create more cap space

You can sign Lamar which would free up some cap spce

It can definitely be done if they Ravens want to do it

I hope they don’t think the job is complete just cause they signed Odell

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore