The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
This is inexcusable. All because you don't want the Browns dictating how you do business. As if you aren't the original Browns as is.

Sometimes, you have to bite the bullet and do what's best for business.
is it really whats best for the ravens
fans are prisoners of the moment
you do have to think long term
I don't know if the Ravens have a chance to win paying out a crazy contract with nothing else in place

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
I dont understand the issue
he got a non exclusive franchise
no one biting so he wants a trade :patrice:
I don't understand the strategy
Whatever he get the ravens most likely will match
How does him getting traded help?
According to him, he asked for the trade before he was tagged. Seems like he doesn’t want to play for them anymore and now he has made that known to the public.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
According to him, he asked for the trade before he was tagged. Seems like he doesn’t want to play for them anymore and now he has made that known to the public.
off course because he has no leverage with the tag
but him announcing it after the tag makes no sense
should have just stayed quiet

Last edited:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
is it really whats best for the ravens
fans are prisoners of the moment
you do have to think long term
I don't know if the Ravens have a chance to win paying out a crazy contract with nothing else in place

Their track record with WRs aside -- which I think is more to do with the offense they've run the past few years -- the Ravens are largely undefeated when it comes to identifying, acquiring and developing talent. When taken into account, this is one reason why they'd get the benefit of the doubt as far as letting Lamar go or doing business with him this way. However, it is this exact strength that tells me if ANYONE could build around a crazy contract, it's the Ravens.

The one thing they haven't needed for their success is sustained excellence at the QB position. Their franchise's success is tied to sustained excellence on defense, which is why Roquan Smith was able to negotiate himself a 100M contract for a MLB.

However, today's game requires some semblance of consistently good QB play or better, and they have a QB on hand that can provide that.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Their track record with WRs aside -- which I think is more to do with the offense they've run the past few years -- the Ravens are largely undefeated when it comes to identifying, acquiring and developing talent. When taken into account, this is one reason why they'd get the benefit of the doubt as far as letting Lamar go or doing business with him this way. However, it is this exact strength that tells me if ANYONE could build around a crazy contract, it's the Ravens.

The one thing they haven't needed for their success is sustained excellence at the QB position. Their franchise's success is tied to sustained excellence on defense, which is why Roquan Smith was able to negotiate himself a 100M contract for a MLB.

However, today's game requires some semblance of consistently good QB play or better, and they have a QB on hand that can provide that.
Rams just won with Stafford

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It was pretty obvious it was heading this direction which is why I said they should have had a contract ready when he won the MVP. It was always going to be an issue because you were going to have QBs who signed before him who wouldn't have that award so he was never going to take less than them:snoop:
Why people keep bringing up that old MVP
He aint had a season close to that since
Its was a point in time Derrick Rose won MVP too

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Until this past season, he has been consistently good since 2014 to now.
Nobody really acknowledged it outside of the NFL players and coaches because he was in Detroit.
He is a solid QB
I never heard him mentioned with elites
He Joe Flacco

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Because it's relevant to his negotiation. Yes Rose won an MVP but what's easier to replace an NBA point guard of a NFL QB?
It's three years ago
a long time in a what have you done for me lately league
with no strong playoff runs
and a defense first team
offense has never carried this team

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I dont understand the issue
he got a non exclusive franchise