The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

JesusFOREVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
My Father in Heaven
Everyone says Lamar doesn't have enough....

Lamar needs guys that can get separation, excellent hands, and big with a wide catch radius. Pretty much he needs Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson on the outside or Ravens are failing him in the words of the public.

Plus he needs an offensive line that could protect him as if he was a pocket guy like Brady all while Lamar should be paid $250 Milly guaranteed.

Plus the defense should be elite enough to hold teams under 20 every game because if Lamar is in a shootout or has to come from behind (has to pass a lot) and loses.... Lamar is being done wrong according to the public.
yes, Lamar needs...teammates! that is the job those guys signed up for right? Lamar has to always pick up their slack but if they pick up his its a crime and he shouldn't get a guaranteed deal??? do you know how inept you sound right now?

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Baltimore Ravens MADE this situation toxic. They failed to protect their players from themselves (Bateman, Dobbins, Lamar).
yup

same with Stanley too

missed all of last year cause the rushed him back too early

they get these dumb ass fans to turn on the players by either rushing them back on the field or being vague about the injuries and letting the media/fans run with the idea that theyre injury prone or soft and not willing to play through injuries

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
yes, Lamar needs...teammates! that is the job those guys signed up for right? Lamar has to always pick up their slack but if they pick up his its a crime and he shouldn't get a guaranteed deal??? do you know how inept you sound right now?
dont waste your time responding to that guy

hes a troll

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Upgrade at OC. Everything (including the QB situation) starts from there.

Hopefully Jim Harbs gets one of these NFL gigs and just takes Roman off our hands, but if not, his brother's gonna have to do the deed. And if he won't, then the GM or owner will have to step in.
Roman contract is up

only way he comes back is if they are stupid enough to resign him

as dumb as Harbaugh is I dont see that happening

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
It's a holiday and I got bored so I looked up the year that the Ravens drafted Hollywood Brown as the first WR in the draft. He was also the shortest from what I remember......and hurt.....and was known for streaky hands. Look at the top tier WR's drafted after him. The Ravens either can't scout or were purposely sandbagging the passing options to keep it a run offense.

Deebo
AJ Brown
DK Metcalf
Diontae Johnson
Terry McLaurin
Hunter Renfrow

For a single draft that's a pretty good class where most of them were drafted 2nd round or lower and all of them got extensions while Hollywood got traded.

The one thing Hollywood has over them is top-end speed, and even then, Deebo, DK, AJ and Terry McLaurin are guys I'd consider as better after the catch than Hollywood.

calh45

Cal
Daps
The one thing Hollywood has over them is top-end speed, and even then, Deebo, DK, AJ and Terry McLaurin are guys I'd consider as better after the catch than Hollywood.
And Hunter and Diontae are better on routes before the catch. They drafted a short injured WR with only one, maybe two routes, in his route tree and inconsistent hands over Deebo (who was only a 2nd round grade because of injury) and two monsters in AJ and DK.

I've been a Lamar fan for a while. We all know that this is the era of Pat, but in this generation there's a few QBs capable of keeping up if the coach/front office/owner treats them like a proper franchise QB. Josh, Joe, and Lamar are those three for sure....and maybe Herbert. Of those five QBs, only Pat would've been capable of winning an MVP throwing to Hollywood Brown, Willie Snead, and Seth Roberts as his WR core AND they handicapped him with Greg Roman. I'm not sure Pat would've overcome the Roman limitation.

I understand if Ravens fans not only want Roman gone, but Harbaugh and their GM. The disservice to Lamar at this point is laughable. The "he's not a passing QB" narrative they let rock to keep Roman is a disservice and they doubled down on the disservice by claiming he was a week to week decision knowing the man almost had a grade 3 PCL strain.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
And Hunter and Diontae are better on routes before the catch. They drafted a short injured WR with only one, maybe two routes, in his route tree and inconsistent hands over Deebo (who was only a 2nd round grade because of injury) and two monsters in AJ and DK.

I've been a Lamar fan for a while. We all know that this is the era of Pat, but in this generation there's a few QBs capable of keeping up if the coach/front office/owner treats them like a proper franchise QB. Josh, Joe, and Lamar are those three for sure....and maybe Herbert. Of those five QBs, only Pat would've been capable of winning an MVP throwing to Hollywood Brown, Willie Snead, and Seth Roberts as his WR core AND they handicapped him with Greg Roman. I'm not sure Pat would've overcome the Roman limitation.

I understand if Ravens fans not only want Roman gone, but Harbaugh and their GM. The disservice to Lamar at this point is laughable. The "he's not a passing QB" narrative they let rock to keep Roman is a disservice and they doubled down on the disservice by claiming he was a week to week decision knowing the man almost had a grade 3 PCL strain.
This is exactly my feelings too

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
cant find the JK interview anywhere

of course the Ravens didn’t upload it to their site or youtube page like all the other post game interviews

only clip I could find was this one

dude sound like he was bout to cry

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
As far as OC goes, they need to bring in a young hotshot guy or an established guru who will educate Harbaugh on things and it not be a pissing contest every meeting.

Harbaugh doesn't know enough to help the team do anything.

One thing no one has mentioned about the playoff game is the horrible time management that occurred. They let over almost 50 seconds tick off the clock from 1:16 to 0:33 with no one smart enough to call a time out. Harbaugh shouldn't be the only person calling time outs because he's demonstrated a legit problem when it comes to clock management. They need to send this nikka to HC clinics this offseason. Dude is a dumb ass and that mom and pop good old boy shyt has no place in sports.

Red Money

All Star
Daps
dont waste your time responding to that guy

hes a troll

Replace John Harbaugh with whom? You calling to fire him....but at least I put down a couple tangible names. hmmm.

Markets don't go up forever.... Ravens don't need to risk crapping out by not getting a Superbowl out of Lamar when the money should have been spread around elsewhere. Ain't like Lamar has been a playoff beast that came up short because of the others.

It's other positions being undervalued in the NFL that can be gotten to improve to team. If San Francisco advances to the Superbowl... position math/value changes across the league. And Russell Wilson showing the cracks in the QB market as we speak...and could usher in the bust if he doesn't turn it around next season.

Red Money

All Star
Daps
As far as OC goes, they need to bring in a young hotshot guy or an established guru who will educate Harbaugh on things and it not be a pissing contest every meeting.

Harbaugh doesn't know enough to help the team do anything.

One thing no one has mentioned about the playoff game is the horrible time management that occurred. They let over almost 50 seconds tick off the clock from 1:16 to 0:33 with no one smart enough to call a time out. Harbaugh shouldn't be the only person calling time outs because he's demonstrated a legit problem when it comes to clock management. They need to send this nikka to HC clinics this offseason. Dude is a dumb ass and that mom and pop good old boy shyt has no place in sports.

To be fair a lot of coaches had clock management issues this year a d other mental lapses.

I wonder if the Jab had mental side effects for these coaches....that's the common thread of the times. I'm just saying.....