The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Happy for Snoop, great game by him tonight and the Ravens offense showed tonight that the personnel really isn’t that bad, Greg Roman is just quite literally a terrorist, Lamar is that good and can win a super bowl with these dudes If you get him the right OC

Which is why the whole “if we pay him we can’t help” narrative is hilarious, even Lamar knows he can take some traffic cones to the big game if he wasn’t held back
that narrative has always been dumb

Ive been saying this since the Flacco era when people blamed his contract for the team not getting weapons

its a cop out and excuse for the GM not doing his job

other teams dont seem to have a problem building a team around their highly paid QB but dumb ass Ravens think you gotta have a roster of bums if you pay a QB

the Ravens have the money to pay Lamar and bring in a top receiver but they probably wont do it cause they just dont like spending money on offense

Red Money

All Star
Daps
i swear every post from you is terrible :mjlol:

You agree with moving on from John, lol. Can't just let him go for nothing...he has value. As long as it ain't the division a playoff matchup is a dice roll, imo.

So who do you want to bring in as a replacement coach? That's the only disagreement.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Everyone says Lamar doesn't have enough....

Lamar needs guys that can get separation, excellent hands, and big with a wide catch radius. Pretty much he needs Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson on the outside or Ravens are failing him in the words of the public.

Plus he needs an offensive line that could protect him as if he was a pocket guy like Brady all while Lamar should be paid $250 Milly guaranteed.

Plus the defense should be elite enough to hold teams under 20 every game because if Lamar is in a shootout or has to come from behind (has to pass a lot) and loses.... Lamar is being done wrong according to the public.

They absolutely need a WR worth gameplanning against. That changes everything for them.

Baltimore lost that game because when it came down to it and they had to have a play, it was either going to be Andrews or Huntley keeping it himself. Dobbins also played far too well to only have 16-17 touches or whatever it is.

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
Upgrade at OC. Everything (including the QB situation) starts from there.

Hopefully Jim Harbs gets one of these NFL gigs and just takes Roman off our hands, but if not, his brother's gonna have to do the deed. And if he won't, then the GM or owner will have to step in.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
If y'all maintain the same defensive identity next season, y'all are a WR1 away from being a serious threat

Healthy Lamar + Healthy Dobbins + Andrew + Likely in Y2 + WR1 = deep playoff run

Just my thoughts

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Roman is gone next year so let’s how things go.

Ravens like the Chargers just have some bad luck though. Start of the season offense was good with the defense getting torched

Defense picks up towards the end of the season but Lamar gets hurt and the offense can’t do anything, along with Roman and Harbaugh going nuts.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Is all the necessary? If the coach calls a QB sneak and tells him to push in, do I have to get into all that? Or should it be understood? Ive never played Football at any level so I legit don't know.

It's usually defined/spoken about in practice. That's where they'll give specific instructions on how to do the sneak. Usually, there's different instructions based on who the QB is that's doing the sneak, but also it's just bad practice to put a slight QB in that position when you have a literal battering ram of Gus or JK as an option behind him on the two yard line.

calh45

Cal
Daps
They absolutely need a WR worth gameplanning against. That changes everything for them.

Baltimore lost that game because when it came down to it and they had to have a play, it was either going to be Andrews or Huntley keeping it himself. Dobbins also played far too well to only have 16-17 touches or whatever it is.

It's a holiday and I got bored so I looked up the year that the Ravens drafted Hollywood Brown as the first WR in the draft. He was also the shortest from what I remember......and hurt.....and was known for streaky hands. Look at the top tier WR's drafted after him. The Ravens either can't scout or were purposely sandbagging the passing options to keep it a run offense.

Deebo
AJ Brown
DK Metcalf
Diontae Johnson
Terry McLaurin
Hunter Renfrow

For a single draft that's a pretty good class where most of them were drafted 2nd round or lower and all of them got extensions while Hollywood got traded.

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
Situation getting far too toxic. Lamar and his mama needs to break ties with Baltimore and go to the well oiled machine known as the Washington Commanders down the beltway. :mjgrin:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
If y'all maintain the same defensive identity next season, y'all are a WR1 away from being a serious threat

Healthy Lamar + Healthy Dobbins + Andrew + Likely in Y2 + WR1 = deep playoff run

Just my thoughts
we need a new OC more than a receiver

no point in giving Roman weapon whens hes proven he doesnt know how to use them

he barely used JK yesterday and didnt use Likely at all

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Situation getting far too toxic. Lamar and his mama needs to break ties with Baltimore and go to the well oiled machine known as the Washington Commanders down the beltway. :mjgrin:
never gonna happen

I think our front office is stupid but they arent dumb enough to trade Lamar in the same market and have Ravens fans watch him ball out in a different jersey every week on local tv