The 2012 MLB Rule 4/Amateur/First-Year Player Draft Thread

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I won't be around for it, but someone wanted a thread....and I guess couldn't make one....so fukk it. Here.

This year's draft is very weak...the top pitcher this year would by #5 last year (Cole, Bauer, Bundy, Hultzen...at least)

But...it makes it more interesting. The shyt could go ANY direction....here's my winging it mock draft...at least the Top 10

1. Astros - Byron Buxton...owner supposedly really wants Appel, but I think he'll side with baseball people and go with huge upside.

2. Twins - Mark Appel....easy decision here. They take Buxton if Astros take Appell.

3. Mariners - Carlos Correa...most don't think he lands here, but Ms are notoriously secretive. After falling in love with, and then not drafting, the now super-hot prospect Francisco Lindor, I think they go the workout superstar this year.

4. Orioles - Kevin Gausman...looks like they're going college pitcher all the way here. If not Gausman, probably Zimmer.

5. Royals - Mike Zunino...favored to take one of the 3 big college arms, but the only left on this board, Zimmer, was bad in front of GM Dayton Moore....sooo....*flips coin*...Florida catcher it is.

6. Cubs - Albert Almora...some have suggested Cubs would take Almora with the top overall pick. We'll never know, but unless someone takes him early, consider this a sure thing

...thats enough typing....I'm tired and guessing anyway :manny:

7. Padres - Max Fried

8. Pirates - Kyle Zimmer

9. Marlins - Lucas Giolito...just because I want him to go Top 10

10. Rockies - Courtney Hawkins

fukk it, thats as bad as anyone else's I guess

FYI, there is no Harper/Strasburg this year...or anything close...

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Welp... I guess there was another one....:ld:

Merge this sumbytch