That Time when Dorothy with the Ruby Slippers Sang Sweet Low, Sweet Chariot....

invalid

Banned
Daps

:skip:

Not Dorothy, not you....

Minstrelsy was so widespread, that’s why Black Swan Records was so significant.

@Get These Nets

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps

Wizard Of Oz Judy Garland GIF - Wizard Of Oz Judy Garland Shocked GIFs

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
While German jews were being vilified by the nazi propaganda machine, their American cousins were running hollywood studios producing films and cartoons that vilified Black people. If you look at the years of the nazi rise and reign, and examine American studio films and advertisements. It's the same thing. Studio heads , who gave the greenlight were all jewish men.Goebells is given credit/blame for the nazi campaign that made jews appear a certain way, but press NEVER calls out the jewish decision makers in America who ok'd the media campaign that made Blacks appear a certain way

invalid

Banned
Daps
Couldn’t we talk about Black Swan Records without the blackface minstrel video?

We could’ve even though there has been two threads on Black Swan Records that no one posted in that I purposely kept trying to bump. :francis:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

:skip:

Not Dorothy, not you....

Minstrelsy was so widespread, that’s why Black Swan Records was so significant.

@Get These Nets

Good post.
It's "cool" in modern era to talk about how things haven't changed, but they have changed in significant ways. And they changed because of people CHALLENGING what the mainstream said was acceptable. Producing their own media content as an alternative to what entertainment industry was pushing, and by challenging the laws/ covenants in the legal system....both of which Harry Pace did.

The posts of the podcast series were down, and I just reupped them.

I didn't like Spike Lee's film, Bamboozled. Thought it was a good idea, but executed poorly. But there was a montage in there where he AIRED out all the old Hollywood stars who appeared in Blackface. Many of those old timers were still alive at the time, so I'm sure their families were embarrassed. He should have also aired out the producers and studio heads who gave the greenlight. But that's who the Michael Rapaport character was supposed to represent.

damon-wayans-listening-intently-to-michael-rapaport-in-a-scene-from-picture-id168599816

invalid

Banned
Daps
Good post.
It's "cool" in modern era to talk about how things haven't changed, but they have changed in significant ways. And they changed because of people CHALLENGING what the mainstream said was acceptable. Producing their own media content as an alternative to what entertainment industry was pushing, and by challenging the laws/ covenants in the legal system....both of which Harry Pace did.

The posts of the podcast series were down, and I just reupped them.

I didn't like Spike Lee's film, Bamboozled. Thought it was a good idea, but executed poorly. But there was a montage in there where he AIRED out all the old Hollywood stars who appeared in Blackface. Many of those old timers were still alive at the time, so I'm sure their families were embarrassed. He should have also aired out the producers and studio heads who gave the greenlight. But that's who the Michael Rapaport character was supposed to represent.

damon-wayans-listening-intently-to-michael-rapaport-in-a-scene-from-picture-id168599816

You mean the montage at the end that we watched in one of my all white undergrad classes that I had to literally force myself not to tear up because I was seething in anger.