That time Jean Grae Asked Sean Price For A Collabo

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
eanniegrigioWe'd known all the same people for years. Called the same rap community "family."

Been at all the same places and I always felt a kindred spirit of an "I don't take any shyt, I'm better than you, I'm hilarious, you suck" personality. I dug it. I was a peer, but also just a huge fan. When we met at a show in Austin, I walked up and said, "man...I fukk with you. We so need to do a song." He turned and laughed "I'm not doing a song with you. I'm NEVER doing a song with you." I scowled, "what? Why?" "Listen," he responded "I've been doing this for a long time. I'm not. NOT, taking bronze, or even silver on a song. I've worked hard for this. I heard all those songs you did with those guys." I laughed hard. He walked up to Planet Asia. "You did a song with her." Asia said "yeah." Sean laughed again. "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?" I laughed again. It made me love him. His absolute honesty. We'd been trying to come up with ways to trick him into doing a song with me for YEARS. He would publicly express that he didn't really fukk with female rappers. Except Sydney. He'd never say "Jean" to other people. It made me laugh every time. "Who is Sydney?" "You're Sydney. You know. Sydney, from Blackbelt Jones." So that was my secret rap identity. Sydney. He'd jump out a car in the middle of the block if he saw me, to give me a hug and talk shyt. We dissed each other. We respected each other's attitude, bars, and hatred of fukk shyt. He was warm and funny and SO fukkING TALENTED. Not just rap. He loved his wife and his family and will always be the one person in this business that I felt that kind of blunt competitiveness with. It was all love and I'm glad he was around to inspire and be such a force. So glad. Thank you, my friend. I know that your energy is around telling other energy that you're totally better than them. And you're absolutely right. Absolutely. Love to Bernadette and your family and all my Duck Down family. at rocknessbcc I need to give you a hug. I love you. That's all I can type right now.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I don't do songs with Ras Kass
giphy.gif

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I make something strong with rap, nikka. And guess what, the nikka next up. He can't make a song for shyt.

He diss people rappin on tracks with him :russ:
LMAOO I was just listening to Rock's interview on the Cipher podcast and he said everyone talking about how great a guy Sean Price was and he said "Sean was a a piece of shyt" LMAO

Brock Landers

AKA Tyler Hands-thorough
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Torrance, CA
I still don't understand what his issue with Lupe was about...especially considering Lupe could really rap his ass off :sas2:

RIP to that man :mjcry:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I still don't understand what his issue with Lupe was about...especially considering Lupe could really rap his ass off :sas2:

RIP to that man :mjcry:
I think Lupe to him just represented the "skinny jean, hipster" style internet blog rap era and he just hated that shyt. I doubt he even listened to Lupe