That Christopher Nolan movie "Oppenheimer" gon FLOP..

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
Japan surrendered because they were afraid of the Soviets, not because of nukes, US bombing or the US reaching Tokyo.
giphy.webp

....yes the soviets invaded Manchuria but come the fukk on if you think those two bombings didn't bring on that surrender....

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
W

How many imax formats are available. What the difference ?

Why would a movie such as oppenheimer ben3fit ?

Supposedly the resolution is like the equivalent to 18k and is a wide enough aspect ration to fill an entire movie theater wall with no loss to color or resolution. I misspoke, they aren't showing in IMax 70mm here just 70mm film. Apparently there's only 30 theaters in the country that have the capability of showing 70mm IMax. The 70mm aspect ratio is 1.43 and regular imax I think is 2.40 or 2.20 so it's a much larger overall picture. Basically just think watching a wide-screen movie with the black parts filled in at a much higher resolution than what you can get at home on the best TV on the market.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Are you saying 2 atomic bombs in 3 days had nothing to do with japans surrendering ?
After Hiroshima, Japan still wanted to fight.

When the Manchuria army was crushed by the Soviets, Japanese gave up any hope of resisting. They knew that if they did not surrender to the US, they will have to deal with Stalin.

Nukes weren't necessary, especially the second one: Nagasaki was dropped the same day the USSR invaded Manchuria.

The US wanted to show off... to Stalin.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
Supposedly the resolution is like the equivalent to 18k and is a wide enough aspect ration to fill an entire movie theater wall with no loss to color or resolution. I misspoke, they aren't showing in IMax 70mm here just 70mm film. Apparently there's only 30 theaters in the country that have the capability of showing 70mm IMax. The 70mm aspect ratio is 1.43 and regular imax I think is 2.40 or 2.20 so it's a much larger overall picture. Basically just think watching a wide-screen movie with the black parts filled in at a much higher resolution than what you can get at home on the best TV on the market.

Im lost but interested.

Im ignorant on the imax subject.. from what i understand . This movie was shot strictly for imax.. (yes i know it can)will be shown @ regular theatres ..

Just doesnt seem like an "imax" movie..

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
Are you saying 2 atomic bombs in 3 days had nothing to do with japans surrendering ?
Curtis lemay had been selectively bombing the hell out of Japan for weeks and they continued fighting. The cumulative devastation caused by lemay et al made Hiroshima and Nagasaki look trivial. The soviets on the other hand was different…would have made the Japanese as a people and culture extinct.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Im lost but interested.

Im ignorant on the imax subject.. from what i understand . This movie was shot strictly for imax.. (yes i know it can)will be shown @ regular theatres ..

Just doesnt seem like an "imax" movie..

It's probably not a necessity but I'm assuming he planned a lot of wide angle shots that don't translate the same on digital formats. That's the benefit of IMAX plus if you remember in Dark Knight there were scenes that widened out in certain parts like the heist at the beginning. This is basically an entire movie shot like that at double the resolution. Completely unnecessary, lol it would definitely benefit a Marvel movie but it would cost a WHOLE lot and would expose any subpar special effects. This is the type of format that works perfectly for practical effects or top notch special effects. Avengers would have looked great in this format but the latest antman would have looked way more trash than it did.

larsattack

All Star
Daps

When the Manchuria army was crushed by the Soviets, Japanese gave up any hope of resisting. They knew that if they did not surrender to the US, they will have to deal with Stalin.

Nukes weren't necessary, especially the second one: Nagasaki was dropped the same day the USSR invaded Manchuria.

You didn’t answer the question.

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City

Bruh they japanese surrendered after that 2nd bomb and yes Russia declaring war on them played a factor but lol @ it wasn't necessary and we just showed off....their own Emperor had to convince them and when he did they planned a coup on his ass but it failed....Would the emperor have tried to end the war without the Russian declaration? That has been the basis for endless speculation....

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Bruh they japanese surrendered after that 2nd bomb and yes Russia declaring war on them played a factor but lol @ it wasn't necessary and we just showed off....their own Emperor had to convince them and when he did they planned a coup on his ass but it failed....Would the emperor have tried to end the war without the Russian declaration? That has been the basis for endless speculation....
They surrendered when they had no army left. Russia invanding Manchuria was not a factor, it was the reason of the end. The 'invincible' army was gone.

After the 9th august, there was nothing left between them and Stalin.

Even without Nagasaki, they would've surrendered. The bomb was not necessary.

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
yup ish looks boring as hell

but you'll see these uppity film snobs talk about cinematography, the score , nolan done it again. Yeah nolan has done it again putting me to sleep like that borin azz dunkirk did.

Mission impossible>>>
Enjoyed the hell out of Inception, but Interstellar having two white saviors in it soured the film for me.

His shyt's hit or miss IMO, so seeing snobs slurp him up as a director that "never misses" is always good for a laugh. :mjlol: