That bright trailer(will smith) reminding me of shadowrun(gen/snes)

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
2yy7far.png

While watching the trailer for bright...

I was like shyt :whoo: this reminds me of the old snes/genesis shadowrun games(never played the xbox ver.).
Shadowrun_SNES_cover.png

1-Shadowrun5.mp4.Still058.jpg

606211boxart_160w.jpg

39058-Shadowrun_(USA)-1456380117.png

Though not quit as futuristic, normal shadowrun feels more like blade runner in tone.

ShadowrunEncounters_DistrictCard_Seattle-1.jpg
bright feels more "training day" and less "blade runner" from the trailer...:ehh:

35com74.jpg

I beat the snes ver I borrowed from this girl I know but oddly enough the Genesis version (which I own) I never played through:jbhmm:

photo_45_5977ac31518fc.jpg

Crazy part is some guy picked up on it at the comcon panel.... :ohhh:

Anyone ever get into the game?
Be it the old ver. xbox ver. ...or even the table top original?

cat27101_1.jpg

shadowrun_suspects_wallpaper_by_klausscherwinski.jpg

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
There's been a fairly thriving series of Shadowrun Returns games in the CRPG genre the last few years, complete with user-created scenarios and stuff. One of those things that, if you got caught up in the mod scene heavily enough, you could probably end up with hundreds or thousands of hours of random stuff to do with the framework.

That being said, Bright didn't remind me of Shadowrun at all, primarily because tech is literally the cornerstone of Shadowrun as a whole - even the magic bumps up against it lightweight. Didn't see any of that in Bright so far. Looks a lot like End of Watch played out through a world where Diablo from Suicide Squad wouldn't stick out too much. Fitting, since the director here made both movies.

And... now I actually just want a Shadowrun movie/show. Ensemble cast with no 'names' so the budget goes to the tech and the magic, do it through Netflix like this movie, shoot it just grungy as fukk. shyt would be clean.

(also, we just gonna ignore the fact that Guardians of the Galaxy straight ripped off that last image for their marketing? I'd call it an homage, but c'mon.)

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
There's been a fairly thriving series of Shadowrun Returns games in the CRPG genre the last few years, complete with user-created scenarios and stuff. One of those things that, if you got caught up in the mod scene heavily enough, you could probably end up with hundreds or thousands of hours of random stuff to do with the framework.

That being said, Bright didn't remind me of Shadowrun at all, primarily because tech is literally the cornerstone of Shadowrun as a whole - even the magic bumps up against it lightweight. Didn't see any of that in Bright so far. Looks a lot like End of Watch played out through a world where Diablo from Suicide Squad wouldn't stick out too much. Fitting, since the director here made both movies.

And... now I actually just want a Shadowrun movie/show. Ensemble cast with no 'names' so the budget goes to the tech and the magic, do it through Netflix like this movie, shoot it just grungy as fukk. shyt would be clean.

(also, we just gonna ignore the fact that Guardians of the Galaxy straight ripped off that last image for their marketing? I'd call it an homage, but c'mon.)

Actually my very first thought/comment I put on the youtube trailer was....

"shadowrun + harry potter + .......Mmm, training day? Now this is the kinda stuff I'm used seeing will smith do!! I get that he's on the whole serious movie bent, but this is his bread and butter. Def watching ...even if it was in a theater!"

thats also why i put...
Though not quit as futuristic, normal shadowrun feels more like blade runner in tone.

bright feels more "training day" and less "blade runner" from the trailer...:ehh:

....that said i definitely get why you see it that way.:jbhmm::francis::hubie:

Last edited: