Texas teen makes violent joke during video game, is jailed for months

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Texas teen makes violent joke during video game, is jailed | The Daily Caller

A Texas teenager who has been in jail since March faces an eight-year prison sentence because of a threatening joke he made while playing an online video game.

In February, Justin Carter was playing “League of Legends” — an online, multiplayer fantasy game — when another player wrote a comment calling him insane. Carter’s response, which he now deeply regrets, was intended as joke.

“He replied ‘Oh yeah, I’m real messed up in the head, I’m going to go shoot up a school full of kids and eat their still, beating hearts,’ and the next two lines were lol and jk,” said Jack Carter, Justin’s father, in a statement to a local news channel.

Read more: Texas teen makes violent joke during video game, is jailed | The Daily Caller

:lupe:

I got mixed feelings about this

on one hand these typewriter snipas, keyboard warriors do be taking it too far with they comments over xbox, playstation and PC/forums :ld:

on the other hand, someone like me knows you can just log off and none of this is real life :ld:

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
:comeon: nikka doing time for this? Can the nikkas at st0rmfr0nt get locked up for committing hate crimes? Or is it freedom of speech? If so, why doesn't it apply here?

Man fukk the court system

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
yeah its crazy to think that people threaten other people online like this everyday but if it gets reported you can get charged with a terrorist threat just like if you face to face threatened some shyt like that. be careful what you say.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
I've said shyt on live that should
have made feds time travel and merc my
great great grand piss....
a0yqua.jpg

criminology

hearse initiator
Daps
Reppin
Diamonds & Wood
Wage a war and kill hundreds of thousands: hit the lecture circuit and cake up.
Say some shyt on Xbox live: your life gets fukked up.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
some girl, it says in hte article

said she looked up his address and it was near an elementary school and thats when the feds kicked in his door :ohhh:

How nikkas finding adresses on an online game? :ohhh:
I'm scared brehs, I said to some internet goons to come at me recklessly :merchant: no homo :mjpls:

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
How nikkas finding adresses on an online game? :ohhh:
I'm scared brehs, I said to some internet goons to come at me recklessly :merchant: no homo :mjpls:

One time I went on twitter sayin I was gonna leak an album but I was trolling

A nikka linked me to a ****** thread, nikkas found my government name and address :to:

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've said worst things in real life tbh.

Either way, do you think talking about violence would be such a sensitive subject if guns were illegal in America?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I've said worst things in real life tbh.

Either way, do you think talking about violence would be such a sensitive subject if guns were illegal in America?

i think the better question is, has anyone actually said before they did some terrorist shyt, that they were actually gonna do it? Far as i know everyone who done some stupid shyt did that shyt in silence until they got caught or blew themselves up..

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
on the other hand, someone like me knows you can just log off and none of this is real life :ld:

Or is it freedom of speech? If so, why doesn't it apply here?

1. It's 2013; the internet IS the real life. Talkin' on chats, message-boards, etc. is as real as face-to-face, now.
  2. There never was anything close to what the ppl think "Freedom of Speech" is. You never could just; say anything on your mind and ppl should know better, by now, and teach their children.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
some girl, it says in hte article

said she looked up his address and it was near an elementary school and thats when the feds kicked in his door :ohhh:

:dahell: Unless you live in some rural ass area there's an elementary school on every other block lol.